𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 | 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧

MELODYS POV

MELODYS POV

"THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING."

"Oh, but it is."

I gave Kai a dirty look while I crossed my arms over my chest, not too fond of the smug look on his face-the look of superiority.

He so thinks he's better than me because I'm human, and he's not.

The vampire sips on his coffee and walks over to the fridge. "You think Damon would care if I made us some eggs?" He asked, peeking inside the fridge with a hum.

I snort in disbelief, "Look, buddy, there is no us, and yes, he would, but by all means, don't let that stop you." I gesture for him to keep going, making him look at me suspiciously.

"You're not gonna stop me?" He looked intrigued, and I shook my head.

I walk over to the vampire and take the cup of coffee off his hand. "Nah, not my problem, and anyways I want to see Damon rip your heart out." I wink and sip on the hot sweet drink. "Yummy."

Kai was stunned by my boldness. He looked me up and down with a toothy grin. "Are you going to tell me your name or what?"

He is so thirsty.

Inhaling dramatically and placing the cup down, I spoke. "Maybe someday." And with that, I stepped out of the kitchen but didn't make it far because this guy vamped speed in front of me.

Always have them chasing, don't I?

I looked at him with a brow arched while he held an annoyed smile. "Here's the thing, lamp girl, I like getting what I want, and what I want is to know your name. And when I want something, I get it." He moved closer with determination in his eyes, closing the space between us.

Oh, he is really getting on my nerves. Like, fuck off.

I laugh bitterly. "You better get out of my way before you regret it, leech," I warned, poking at his chest.

Kai's eyes glowed. "Leech? Hmm. . .thats a new one." He muttered to himself, then turned to me. "I will love to see you try and beat a big bad vampire."

I cringed at the way he referred to himself. "Dude, you are so lame, and just because you're supernatural doesn't mean you're unstoppable, like a piece of wood kills you. Calm it down." I lowered my hand to show him, and he rolled his eyes.

"You're one to talk. You're as fragile as a marshmallow." He pauses before speaking again. "Now tell me." He kept blocking my way to the door.

He isn't gonna let this go, is he?

I look over his shoulder and back at Kai. "No means no." I stepped on his foot and made a run for it, hearing him grunt in pain as I made it to the door.