𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤

MELODY'S POV

MELODY'S POV

GOSH, DID I REALLY MISS WHITMORE'S ICED COFFEESS. You heard it right, Whitmore's iced coffees.

I decided to help the girls move into their dorm today. Caroline almost compelled the dorm advisor to let me room with them and into some classes, but it wouldn't be fair for the student they would have to kick out just to fit me in.

So I said no, I'm also not one to cheat in life.

"Isn't this great!" Caroline chirped, coffee in her hands as she stood proudly at the front of the room, looking at our progress.

Elena folded some of her clothes, shoving them into her drawer with a smile on her face. "I really wish Bonnie was here."

Things between Bonnie and I were still awkward after what happened at Kai's place. Even so, the rest of that day seemed to run smoothly. It's like things were as they were before I returned, but nothing lasts forever.

Caroline wouldn't let go of what I'd done, always bringing it up in some snarky remark like she had with Elena when she was first dating Damon.

I quickly reminded her about Klaus, which shut her up several times. Sometimes, I brought up all the boys she'd been with within our group like a homewrecker.

Anyway, we let it go - only a week of back and forths.

It's been a week or more since what happened at Kai's. I'm not good at keeping track of time. All I know is that I last talked to Kai twelveish days ago. I hope that man has gotten his hands on some blood throughout that time, but seeing as he hasn't texted me in a while, he could be a decayed corpse for all I know.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. Man was mad when I left - also stubborn about this stupid, and I quote: blood pack.

Enough about him.

Returning to Bonnie, she left on her cultural travel program to help poor countries and won't be back for three months, meaning she'll miss my birthday in about twoish weeks.

I'm feeling a bit sad about that, but what can I do? Nothing has really been resolved between us, and I think she just wanted to leave at this point. The witch needed some time to think, and so did I.

Okay, now Enzo, things between us were better. We hung out more, and I even stayed at his place several times, but there was no funny business! Just two friends catching up after all this time. Remember, we're taking things slow - if there's even an us.

I lay on Elena's bed, exhausted with all the moving in I did for them. "She'll be back. I came back, right?"

Reassurance is what my friends need right now. Having the group broken up once again felt off to all of us. It's like having a piece missing from a puzzle and not knowing what to fill the gap with while looking for the part.