━ Chapter Two

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━II

II. 𝑫𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆
96ᴀᴄ
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝑫𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆96ᴀᴄ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

DRAGONSTONE HAD TO BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE DEIRDRE HAD EVER SEEN. The sanded beach with an ocean more blue than anything she had ever seen, fading into a sky with so few clouds. The large volcanic structure loomed above, seeming to permanently leak tendrils of ash. The air smelt of smoulders, fire intermixing with salt.

The castle built upon such an island was even more so beautiful. It were whispered, whether it be myth or truth, that the castle had been forged by the arcane, dragon fire shaping each turret, each brick into perfection for the ancestral home of the Targaryens. Deirdre admired the work, the work of geniuses, she believed, with appreciation. Many had spoken of how . . . grotesque the architecture was, frowning down upon the dragon emblems strewn all across. It was rather excessive, but it was rather tonal, she thought with humour.

Sapphire flicked appreciatively over the bricks, tall and dark, as they neared the castle, sharing a name with it's island. The carriage bumped beneath her, catching upon stone after stone. The small compartment window cover snapped shut, almost catching the tip of Deirdre's nose, forcing her to rear back with a scowl. Her eyes fell upon another lady-in-waiting, her pink lips twisted firmly into a frown. Alerie Hightower.

"It smells dreadful," she justified, tilting her pointed chin upward. The Rivers would have felt the need to laugh at the almost defensive expression upon the girl's face, had she not just interrupted her look upon the landscape.