━ prologue ━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━00

00. 𝑻𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝑩𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒅
95ᴀᴄ
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝑻𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝑩𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒅95ᴀᴄ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE RIVERLAND'S WEATHER WAS OFTEN LOVELY. The sun shone overhead while small drizzles of rainwater would drip over the blossoming fields across the vast land. On the day that Deirdre chose to leave, it thundered and stormed.

It had been a hastily plotted decision. A single letter to Kingslanding and her leave was entirely prepared by her new employer. She had initially doubted that she would be so quickly brought to court, much less by the command of a lady so powerful, but in just about a month, she had everything but her bags prepared.

Her father had seemed sufficiently dissatisfied with her leaving. 'I have gone through much trouble to bring you into this family' he had said, 'If I had known my efforts were all for nought, I would never have bothered'. Deirdre's half brothers had not even blinked at her announcement (she doubted they even knew of her living within the same walls as them the past year).

The Lady Tully stood at her door, watching the young girl pile her meagre belongings into her few bags. Deirdre could never tell what her stepmother was thinking. Her face was so passive and stony that she always looked somewhat disgruntled (though, perhaps that was warranted).

"You surely cannot leave in this weather," Cynthea Tully tutted with a motherly shake of her head. Deirdre cocked a brow at her stepmother's concern. It was not normal for a Lady, the wife of an esteemed Lord, to take notice of her husband's bastards, let alone take time out of their day to worry for said bastard's well-being.