━ Chapter Eleven

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━XI

XI. 𝑳𝒖𝒔𝒕
96ᴀᴄ
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝑳𝒖𝒔𝒕96ᴀᴄ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

IT WAS AS IF THE WORLD BEAT IN TUNE WITH DAEMON TARGARYEN'S BREATHS. As odd as it was to say, Deirdre had never felt so alive as she did, twisting and twirling her way through the hall on Dragonstone. She felt a child again, spinning beneath her mother's arm, donned with blue silk, not a woman grown, dancing with a Prince who wanted her in the most undignified ways.

She had not felt this light in what felt like centuries. It was as if one night tore every hardship she had ever suffered in her short life, the heaviness perpetually rested upon her shoulders seemed to be lifted by the smile Daemon put on her face.

Still, all good things must come to an end, and Deirdre felt her happiness come to a sudden standstill as a hand grasped her shoulder firmly. This brought her to a halt, Daemon following a moment later. Upon turning, the redhead saw her father, Lord Grover Tully. For the first time in a year. She could not see her stepmother, nor her half-brothers and their families rallying behind the greying man. Deirdre's shoulders tensed when his warm hand made contact with her, firmly, harshly gripping her flesh in his wrinkling palm. Never had she realised the fear he struck in her. She felt like a guilty child, laughing tipping an expensive vase.

"Daughter," Lord Grover acknowledged her without any sort of true affection, receiving a quick nod to him from her, "My Prince." Her eyes were softer on the dastardly Prince than on his own daughter, his flesh and blood, the girl he had so lustily created with a whore he could never recall the name of. Deirdre found herself hating him. She loved her mother too much to care for the man who had left her alone and pregnant at five-and-ten. She cared little of his acceptance of her, he did not love her as he loved his legitimate children and she did not love him as she loved her mother.