0.1

Pushing past the thick foliage, I let out a cry of triumph as I spotted the subject I'd been looking for.

"Finally! Archons, why did that take so long?" I reached forwards, carefully clutching the orb. I'd arrived in Sumeru not long ago, hoping to flee Snezhnaya after the Fatui had started getting closer to my family. The Akademiya had been kind to me, I'd hoped to give something back through my studies.

"Halt. Turn around with your hands on your head." I inhaled sharply, recoiling and following his instructions. I turned slowly, finding myself face to face with a Fatui Agent.

"I- I didn't mean to cause trouble. I need to-" I slammed my mouth shut as he clenched his fists. Realising that this wasn't going to be a situation I could get out of peacefully, I quickly materialised my spear and shoved the blunt end into the agent's stomach. Whirling around, I sprinted away as fast as I could. If I can just get to a wave rider- I cried out in pain as a sharp blast of air hit my shoulder, splitting my flesh and making my muscles spasm, forcing me to drop the weapon. I clutched the wound, knees buckling as the agent caught up to me.

"Stop resisting or I will be forced to use more drastic methods." And that wasn't drastic? I groaned in pain as the agent grabbed my wrists, tying them behind me and forcing me onto my knees. "What's a scholar like you doing in the ruins of Dahri?" I kept my mouth shut, glaring at him defiantly. "Answer me, worm." I hissed with pain as he kicked my knee.

"I'm looking for a dendroculous specimen, I have an essay to write." He narrowed his eyes.

"I'll decide what to do with you while we go back." I scrunched up my face, between the pain clawing at my shoulder and the idea of seeing the very organisation I'd tried to escape I wasn't exactly in a good mood. I shuffled along, barely moving unless he shoved me forwards. "If I need to knock you unconscious just to get you back to the base that way, I will." I raised an eyebrow, stopping dead in my tracks.

"You wouldn't." The agent glared at me, placing a hand on his Anemo vision. I felt a sharp pain in the side of my neck. "Son of a bitch-" I growled, before my knees buckled and I fell to the ground.