0.2

I gasped, attempting to sit upright and finding myself bound with rope. Gah, right. I glanced around, the sun had set and there was a fire flickering nearby. My hands were tied behind me, then tied to something buried in the dirt. My ankles were fastened together and I couldn't move more than a few centimetres in each direction. The agent who had grabbed me was walking back to the camp he'd set up, firewood in hand.

"You. You're up." I glared at him, unable to snap at him because of the gag he'd tied onto me. "Name." I huffed angrily, looking down to signal to the gag. "You can speak. I'll make out your words. Name." I hissed angrily.

"Y/n." My voice was muffled, but he nodded.

"Y/n. As you can tell, you're mine now." I stared at him in disgust.

"Like hell I am." I tried to say, though it was even more inaudible than my first response.

"You can make a choice now. When I untie you, you can be a good girl and sit by the fire or you can try to run away and  become kindling for it. What's it gonna be?" I sighed, the cold of the desert night creeping into my bones. He seemed to sense my deflation because he smirked, standing up and pulling off a few of my bindings.

"You stupid, short-ass motherfucker." He furrowed his brows and lifted the gag, tightening it until it hurt. A whimper of pain escaped my lungs despite my best efforts, my body no longer under control after so much pain and exhaustion. I followed him to the fire, sitting cross legged by the warmth at his command.

"Don't even think about it." The agent spoke without even looking at me, holding a hand out to stop me from burning the ropes off.

"Who are you?" I spoke through my gag, hoping he'd understand me as he did before. He glanced at me with irritation, staring at me for a moment before replying.

"Is the face of the Balladeer really so quickly forgotten in the eyes of a Snezhnayan?" I flinched at the name, suddenly understanding the familiarity in his mannerism. "Hmm. Perhaps not." He pulled my ruby coloured vision from his pocket, tossing it into the air and catching it again. I stared at him in outrage, struggling against my bindings. "Enough. Your attitude is not amusing anymore. Unless you stop being a brat, I'll dispose of you right here." I looked right into his eyes, continuing. He growled, grabbing my shirt and pulling me so close I could feel his breath. "Stop. I don't care if you have a death wish but so help me I will kill you in the longest, most drawn out and painful way imaginable." I whimpered, losing control for the second time that night. "Understand?" I nodded rapidly, scrambling away as he shoved me onto the ground. I sighed, curling up on the ground by the flame and falling asleep.