― 002, welcome to camp

TWO. ' welcome to camp '

HARLOW SUPPOSED the smashing of the jar was a bit dramatic, even for her standards

The moment the sound pierced the air, everybody turned to look at her. Barbie's eyes flicked to her own before they glanced down at the broken jar and then back up to her face whilst Val seemed to be flipping between looking at her and back at the new guy who'd been lugged in along with all the other bodies-

Along with Percy Jackson.

Harlow never thought she'd see the day- well, she never thought she'd see it this soon.

Since that dream, she'd had dozens of others. Each seemed to revolve around somebody in her life, and each seemed to leave her dazed and a handful that pertained to Percy Jackson left her downright livid.

This was the guy who was going to steal away Annabeth Chase, handing well-crafted lies of love to a girl who shined brighter than a thousand suns combined. This was the guy who would sweep her off her feet and go through thick and thin with Annabeth Chase. This was the guy who Harlow Kings begged to swap places with.

The guy who was currently drooling passed out and was covered in mud.

She grimaced as she looked down at him- surely Annabeth wouldn't want him in the future, would she?

But would she want you? An evil whisper asked her. You're not even proper friends. Why would she want you? You watch from afar thinking some step-by-step plan will get you a future you cannot have.

Harlow's grimace hardened, and she pointed at the new guy.

"What's your name?"

The boy froze up, looking a bit awkward and out of depth with everything. It was to be expected, of course, given the fact he was a new demigod. His black hair was damp from the rain outside the borders of camp that had somehow leaked its way inwards and was an inch or two shorter than Harlow (which made her ego tip up dangerously high). His black jumper was soaked causing his response to come out with a shiver, "Quinlan Lai. Quinn for short."

"Quinn," she said, "help get that mud ball onto a bed, would you?" she looked around before she caught the eye of one of her siblings, "can you start getting him patched up? I'll get him some clothes."

(She'd get him ugly clothes- that was what Barbie called the highest tier in the art of spite).

She returned after a few seconds to see Grover on a bed too, along with Barbie sitting a foot away from Percy Jackson- disdainfully glancing at the drool hanging out of his mouth. Quinn was sitting on a chair, swinging his legs and wincing every so often with a frown on his face. Val was next to him, talking into his ear in his usual upbeat sort of voice.