―interlude, glorified meat shield

INTERLUDE. ' glorified meat shields '

 ' glorified meat shields '

WHEN BARBIE heard about the 'Bathroom incident' (as it was being called) where Percy Jackson somehow managed to blow up a bathroom- it gave her too much ammunition to work with. She laughed, actually, loud and clear in the pavilion at the news- imagining a sopping wet Percy Jackson covered in sewage water and other disgusting things.

Instead, she was greeted with the sight of Percy Jackson perfectly dry and Annabeth soaked to the bone from the window of the Aphrodite Cabin. They'd looked to have finished their tour, with Percy Jackson looking apologetic- rapidly speaking and moving his hands. Harlow, who looked down distastefully at her wet jeans glared back up at Percy- whilst Annabeth seemed to look monotonous, saying something before she walked away. Seconds later, after what Barbie guessed was a crushing blow to Percy's ego from Harlow- the daughter of Apollo stalked away as well.

Well, she didn't exactly get to see Percy humiliated but a brutal blow to the ego could certainly satisfy her for a short period.

"Stop creeping on the new boy, Barbie," Silena called from across the room. "I heard he blows up misbehaving little kids with spouts of toilet water."

"It's BARB, Silena," Barbie grumbled, arms crossed- red hair flying embarrassingly into her mouth. "And I'm not creeping on him- he's lame. He's... he's annoying and mean- and his clothes look like shit. His fashion sense is tragic!"

"Damn," muttered Silena, walking over to Barbie- hair flowing effortlessly and pretty. She had the type of hair most people envied. Then again, everybody in the Aphrodite Cabin had hair that was envy-worthy. But Silena's was just a bit more fantastic, a bit too perfect- maybe ethereal with glossy black hair that waved just so- always shiny and falling effortlessly. Barbie had spent time studying her hair- eventually training her own to fall in a similar effortless motion. She could never make it fall just like Silena's though- which angered her just a bit.

"What?" she asked, glaring at her older half-sister. "He's annoying, ok?"

"Last night you thought he was cool carrying some Minotaur horn back to camp."

"That was so yesterday, Silena." Barbie declared, "Today is a new day- and I say he sucks, he's annoying and I... I hate him!" She crossed her arms, muttering to herself. "Stupid... obsessed with love- I'll show you obsessed you little scrawny motherfu-"