chapter 5

YOU ONLY HATED TWO PEOPLE

out of all the humans you've met: your dad and daisho. they've been abusive and aggressive with you during your whole life, it was logical to despise them. so why were you thinking of adding this annoying atsumu to that short list?

you could understand that some people are loud by nature and that they can't regulate their tone of voice but, what this man had going on was on another whole level. ever since you all got into a black van that comically fitted every one of you, he hasn't stopped rambling, shouting and overly excited sharing things. you, yourself wasn't the type to discriminate people or judge them by their first impression but god save you if you didn't want to cut his tongue at that moment.

but if you thought atsumu was loud is because you didn't hear bokuto talk. these two fuckers spent the whole trip talking as if one of them was half deaf. 45 minutes of pure yelling without any context at all that was driving you crazy by the moment. sakusa seemed to agree with you by how annoyed he looked: head resting on one hand and leg bouncing up and down hysterically. you feared that it would pop out of his pelvis and hit the ceiling of the van.

iwaizumi was driving while ushijima held a simple conversation with him, they seemed to be the chilliest of all of them. osamu stayed back at his onigiri shop promising to get wherever the fuck you were going with food, which you appreciated. he looked nothing like his twin brother, at least on the inside, he was calm and kind while his brother was the most obnoxious man you dared to talk to. every now and then one of the boys gave you a quick glance but nobody dared to talk to you, so you decided to do it.

"how far is this place you're taking me?" atsumu and bokuto stayed silent for once, sakusa and iwaizumi shared a quick glance through the rear view mirror and ushijima just coughed. "for our security we cannot tell you the exact place it is. we don't know if daisho put any microphone on your clothes during the fight. you'll have someone check you up as soon as we arrive, princess" you flinched at the nickname again even though it sounded better coming from sakusa's mouth. also hearing daisho's name made your skin crawl with fear and disgust.

"mmh, i understand. is it too far though? i don't think i can stand hearing those two talking for 5 more minutes" you almost whispered to sakusa who was sitting next to you. it made iwaizumi chuckle from his seat while ushijima tried to cover his smile with his right hand. "you will get used to it, don't worry" sakusa sighed, "we'll be there in about 10 minutes, just be patient"

true to his word, after 10 minutes and lots of yelling from atsumu and bokuto, the van parked in what seemed to be the stupidly big garage of their home. lots of expensive cars laid there like an exhibition, spotless without a trace of being used. you whistled causing iwaizumi to chuckle. he extended his hand and helped you get out of the van. now that you looked at him, you thought how hot he really was with his sharp jawline and big nose.

"what're you thinking about doll?" he looked at you with curiosity, snapping you out of your thoughts. "it's nothing, don't worry" you smiled at him. iwaizumi smiled back, earning a scowl from atsumu. "as you can see this is our garage, where we keep our most treasured cars among other things" said sakusa from behind you, pointing to a cabinet with glass doors that showed a big variety of weapons. pressing a button from his keys, the glass doors opened and everyone approached it, including you.

your hand caressed a few of them but mostly admiring a black katana with sakura leafs imprints on the blade. it reminded you of your own kunais that laid forgotten on your apartment, the ones that you mother gifted you on your 16th birthday, the ones that you treasured during all these years. you retracted your hand trying to erase that tight feeling from your chest.

"we made that sword especially for you princess" ushijima said from your right. "it is beautiful, but i think you know that i don't work with swords." you answered without looking at him. "that's something we need to change though" explained now iwaizumi on your left side. "i know that your particular strength is close combat but during your stay here you'll learn every aspect that is to exist when it comes to fighting" he said lowering his head.

you turned your head this time and watched his sharp expression and features. he looked like he was carved by god himself. the proximity made you gulp and turn your head again to the display. "that doesn't mean that you won't be using kunais" that tight feeling inside your chest came back, "i won't be using any that are not my-" your words got caught on your throat at the sight of your pink kunais being held by sakusa.

"how- when- why-?" you stuttered not sure what to ask. this made them smile, your bright expression and the light in your eyes like a kid that received their favorite toy for christmas. "we kind of picked up your stuff from your apartment before talking with you" talked bokuto. he looked proud of himself, puffing his chest out with a big smile.

"hold on. so you packed up my things even before knowing my answer? you just assumed i would accept your request, didn't you?" everyone looked between each other until ushijima, ever the blunt man spoke, "we were 100% sure that you would come with us even if you said no. i would have picked you up and kidnapped you if i had to" his tone and declaration somehow, in a twisted way, made you laugh. he looked so confident on himself that it sounded funny enough.

he tilted his head in confusion, not knowing what part of what he said was funny. "anyway, let's get moving. we still have lots of places to show you" announced sakusa while walking to the exit door. "wait! she hasn't decided which car she wants!" exclaimed atsumu. "me? a car?" atsumu nodded enthusiastically, "yeah! each one of us own a personalized one and you, m'lady, will own one too. this black lamborghini urus belongs to sakusa" said atsumu pointing to a big black car. "this bmw i4 m50 is ushijima's most precious car. the red porche 911 next to ushijima's is mine! beautiful isn't it?" he continued, wiggling his eyebrows, "and then the yellow mclaren 720s that belongs to bokuto. and finally, iwaizumi's car: a mercedes amg sl roadster"

"impressive. did you study their names for this?" you whistled. atsumu cheeks heated while avoiding your gaze. "n-no, i just like cars" you hummed back in response. "well, now that thanks to atsumu you know which one of them is our car, you need to make a decision about your dream ride baby" you honestly didn't have to think for that long, not when you have dreamed of owning this car for so long. " i want the mclaren v6-hybrid artura in light blue, please?"

"no hesitation, i see." iwaizumi smirked down at you. "okay, your wish is granted. it will take a few days though, we'll have to call akaashi and tell him" you nodded, excited about it. "now, if you keep following sakusa he'll show the rest of the house as well as tour new room. your things are already there. you can take tomorrow off to settle down."

and here it goes, your new life.