CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

The underworld, where the demon had been sealed for a thousand years, was rife with activity. He was awakened a few weeks ago and found himself in the land of humans. He found himself standing on the ground, his eyes darting around, trying to figure out where he was and who had unsealed him. After all, it was his first time on land, so he was perplexed when he found himself standing in the middle of town, at night.

He had no idea why he had been summoned to the land. He could recall being sealed by a powerful sorcerer a thousand years ago.

While he was standing, trying to familiarize the town and the people so that he could grasp the situation, he was suddenly dragged by a woman who was now holding his wrist as he dragged by her inside the motel.

Damien, the demon who had been sealed for a thousand years, looked at the woman who was gripping his wrist, and his gaze was drawn to the woman's hand, which was now running alongside him, who was being dragged by her.

'Her hands look like they're going to break if I hold them.' Damien thought to himself as he let the woman drag her. He was also curious as to why the woman had dragged him.

His gaze was drawn to the woman's foot, which was not even wearing heels or boots; her foot was covered in stiches and fresh wounds, and she was only wearing a thin robe on this chilly night.

'What's with this woman dragging me around without my permission?'

He was intrigued by the woman, especially her face... he wanted to see it, but all he could see was the back of her. Her entire body is skinny. He could even hear her panting; if she kept running, she would have collapsed by now.

It's a relief she didn't see his form, especially his two black horns and blood-red eyes.

'What's with this frail and weak woman dragging me into the room?' Damien's head was tilted, full of confusion, and he was about to open his mouth to speak when the woman pushed him inside the room, causing him to stumble and fall on the bed.

Damien's face darkened as he witnessed the woman's actions. “What do you think you're doing, lady?” His voice was hoarse, and his bloodshot eyes were now intensely focused on the woman in front of him.

When he looked at her, he felt a sharp pain around his heart. He keeps staring at the woman with the eyes of nature, natural rosy cheeks, plum pinkish lips, a sharp nose, and she appeared to be 5'7 tall. Despite this, it is the woman's body that captivates him the most.

‘How come she's so thin? Does her parents did not feed her for a year in order for her to look like this?’

When he looked at the stranger woman in front of him, he felt a strange emotion. Her face was despondent, and her eyes were lifeless.

The woman walked towards to bed, and sat beside him. “I-I... a-apologize f-for being rude....however, can you please do me a favor?”

She was stammering as she spoke, her eyes were wandering and she couldn't look him in the eyes properly.

Damien isn't sure why he dislikes it when the woman averts her gaze from him and even shivers in front of him. ‘Does she feel threatened by my presence? Do I really have a demonic aura?’

"Are you afraid of me?" Damien couldn't help but ask for illumination as his hand moved to caress the woman's cheeks, who were facing him, but her eyes were fixed on the blanket rather than his face.

When she felt the scorching warmth on the man's hand, the woman jumped a little out of surprise. It was so hot that she could feel his hand boiling.

“N-No... I-I'm not a-afraid... forgive me but t-this is how I normally s-speak.” The woman answered as she pursed her lips.