CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

Athena's voice remained unchanged, it was still sounded like a robotic-like but this time, her words was little gentler than last time.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Amarah's eyes was full of doubt, instead of shock. She know that this person in front of her was serving her mother for longest time, and stayed loyal to her mother.

It's natural for her to be suspicious at her sudden words, specially after hearing that one of her mother's most trusted servant was declaring to her that she will risk her life in order to protect her. How should she supposed to interpret what this servant said, specially she's under the care of her mother. Who knows when she would bite the hands of the one who feeds her. She can't trust her easily, specially knowing her mother's whim's.

‘I can't fully trust this woman. For sure that mother was surely send her most faithful subordinate to spy on me and for sure that they are planning on making me trust this woman so that they could take advantage at the trust that I would give to this woman that she sent in order to spy on me. Ha! To think that they really see me as a naive person! Well... it's not that bad, specially for my plan.’

Amarah glanced at her with her sweetest smile. “That's so sweet of you. I'll be in your care from now own. Please take care of me.”

Without a hint of plasticity plastered on Amarah's smile as she said those words, while deep down in herself, she doesn't trust the woman who's in front of her, declaring to risk her life in order to save her and serve her. But since Amarah already mastered her other self who's naive and plastic, her smiles appeared to be natural in front of the servant under her mother's wings. Well, it's not that bad for her. She could manipulate and use one of her mother's faithful subordinate.

However, Athena didn't smile back. Her eyes was eyeing carefully at her young lady from head to toe before she spoke.

“You look like a dumpster right now, young lady. We need to take a bath.” Athena bluntly said right after she saw Amarah's state.

“We? Do you mean you're gonna join me?” Amarah grunted as she couldn't hide her frown.

“Yes. As your servant, I will be the one to bath young lady.” Athena calmly said with no malice.

“Do I look like a child to you? I could take care of myself, so you don't need to bath me like a child.” Amarah said with hint of sarcasm as she climbed off the bed.

There's no way that she could trust someone, specially the maids which is under her mother's command, who knows what would they do while she lose her guard. Knowing the cunningness of her mother, she'll find a way to get what she wants even if it means taking a life from someone else.

‘Besides, I can't trust anyone especially when I'm inside of this household. The last time that I trust someone, I ended up being betrayed by that person. There's a lot of times that the maid who lay their hands on me to make me miserable. They would kick me hard, slap, poison my food and even tried to drown me while I let down my guard and fall asleep, they took the advantage to drown me in the bathtub. I was almost die at that time. I couldn't tell me mother about it since she also wished me to suffer. I have no ally in this house.’

“But young lady, it is the servants job to take care of our master.” Athena insisted as she glanced at Amarah who was now gently rubbing her ankles that was swollen because of the chain that wrapped around her ankle.

She was wearing a pajama as she walked towards to the bathroom which was placed inside of the basement. The basement may dark and simple with no furnace, closet, drawers but other than the bed. Even so, the place is clean and neat.