iv . ...what

╭━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╮

𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳
...𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕

╰━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╯

"A Monday detention, really?" Edmund moaned as the duo trudged to their shared detention.

Edmund had been complaining relentlessly about the detention, and though Isadora felt the same, her moaning and groaning were nothing compared to his. Both had gotten lectures from Susan and stern letters from their guardians after they were notified. Molly and Arthur had been extremely disappointed in both of them.

"Ed honestly, we just have to deal with it now so shut up, please." Isadora pleaded, long sick of his whining and embarrassed to have received detention in the first place.

"So-rry." He sassed.

They finally pushed through the door to the trophy hallway, where they would be serving detention, to be met with a mischievous-looking Filch, Charlotte and the twins. They handed in their wands to Filch on arrival.

"Finally," He said sharply, "Now, you all have to shine these trophies -BY HAND-, and have them spotless by the time I check them tomorrow morning."

He gave them an evil lopsided smirk, before calling on Mrs Norris and heading to the door.

"And don't think about leaving!"

The heavy door slammed behind him, and the group were left in silence.

"Right," Fred said after a moment, jumping up off the floor, "It's been a short pleasure with you all, but we really must be going."

"What did you even get in for this time?" Isadora asked. George shrugged.

"We're not sure actually... Minnie just gave us 'the eye' and we told her we'd walk ourselves here."

"Could be any number of things," Fred added. He and George pulled two wands from their robe pockets.

"Hey!" Edmund cried, "How'd you get those?"

"We never handed them in," George said nonchalantly.

"But who's..."

"It's a wonder what 14 sickles will get you with a couple of first years," Fred replied. With a swift flick of their real wands, and a muttering of a spell, the trophies were spotless, and the pair ran off down the long hallway.

"So..." Charlotte said, trying to think of something to say.

"Why are you here?" Edmund cut in bluntly, "Your rich friends didn't smooth talk the teacher's way out of this one?"

"Ed!" Isadora hissed.

Charlotte was amongst the popular Slytherins, well she was for the past few years, which was the main reason Isadora had not talked to her since their first year. Charlotte shrugged, unfazed by Edmund's harshness, and instead, she continued to explain.

"They haven't been the best of 'friends' recently-"

"I could've told you that," Edmund muttered, earning a sharp elbow from Isadora.

"No," Charlotte said, "He's right."

Edmund went wide-eyed at the hearing of his name and 'right' in the same sentence, earning her his full attention.

"For some reason, this year they've decided I'm not quite 'good enough' for their group, so I've kind of been used as blame when they hex the first-year Gryffindors or throw gobstones at people when their backs are turned."