ix . because who else would it be

╭━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╮

𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳
𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆

╰━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╯

A light rain had started in the late afternoon, and by half past five, it was growing dark. Isadora, Charlotte and Edmund decided it was time to head to the Hall for the Halloween feast, and more importantly, the announcement of the school champions. When they entered the candlelit Great Hall it was almost full. The Goblet of Fire had been moved; it was now standing in front of Dumbledore's empty chair at the teachers' table.

Fred and George -clean-shaven again- walked just in front of the trio.

"I hope it's Angelina!" They heard Fred say.

"Course you do mate," His brother replied, patting him on the back. Fred scowled and cussed at him.

The Halloween feast felt like it took much longer than usual, the anticipation seemed to make the minutes go for hours. At long last, the golden plates returned to their original spotless state, and a sharp upswing of the noise level of noise followed which died away almost instantly as Dumbledore got to his feet.

On either side of him, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime looked as tense and expectant as anyone else. Ludo Bagman was beaming and winking and pointing at various students, Mr. Crouch, however, looked quite uninterested, almost bored.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," Dumbledore said, "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them to please come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber-", He indicated the door behind the staff table, "-where they will be receiving their first instructions."

He took out his wand and gave a great sweeping wave with it. All at once, the candles except those inside the carved pumpkins were extinguished, plunging them into a state of semidarkness. There were a few cries of excited surprise before the Hall fell into silence once more. The Goblet of Fire now shone more brightly than anything in the whole Hall. Everyone watched, waiting.

The flames inside the goblet turned suddenly red, the same as it had done when Fred and George had failed to submit their names. Sparks began to fly from it and then a tongue of flame shot into the air, spitting from it a charred piece of parchment that fluttered down toward Dumbledore. The whole room gasped. He caught the piece of parchment and held it at arm's length, reading it by the light of the flames.

"The champion for Durmstrang," he read, in a strong, clear voice, "will be Viktor Krum."

The crowd erupted into applause, cheering as Krum rose from the Slytherin table. Isadora was sure she could hear Ron losing his lungs screaming for the Quidditch player. Krum slouched up toward Dumbledore before disappearing through the door into the next chamber.

The clapping and chatting quickly died down when the goblet turned red once more. The second piece of parchment shot out of it, propelled by the flames.

"The champion for Beauxbatons," Dumbledore said, "is Fleur Delacour!"

The boys in the Hall were all shouting as a girl who resembled a veela got gracefully to her feet, shaking back her sheet of silvery blonde hair, and practically glided up between the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor tables. Isadora spotted Sebastian not far from where Fleur had been sitting. His whole group looked sorely disappointed... She guessed their school must pride itself on competitive natures.