xii . finale

╭━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╮

𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯
𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒆

╰━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╯

The ride to the train and then back to Kings Cross went extremely quickly, and it didn't dawn on Isadora until the sky had darkened that the wizarding world now knew Brya Black was alive. She began to feel a panic building inside her but tried her best to keep it contained.

Edmund had fallen asleep on her lap as she was reading, her legs kicked up on the other seats as she played with his long hair she knew his mother would be complaining about for the whole break. His mother. His parents... Soon enough they were going to announce their relationship -it was their third month anniversary in two days. She worried for a while whether they'd like her anymore, knowing she was a Black.

She had been fussing over nothing, however. The moment their parents found out they had been ecstatic, smitten with the arrangement just as much as Isadora and Edmund were with each other. She had enjoyed her break, but after weeks apart from Edmund -and Charlotte, she was more than ready to return to Hogwarts, excited for the rest of the year and for the finale of the Tri-Wizard Tournament.

When they were all reunited on the platform, Isadora had half expected all of Edmund's hair to be cut off -courtesy of his mother- though it wasn't. She brushed her fingers through his hair as they embraced.

"How were your holidays?" She asked.

"Alright," He shrugged, throwing an arm over her shoulder, "I missed you."

Before long they were thrown back into classes. Isadora had found Ancient Runes and Arithmancy infinitely more manageable than she had at the beginning of the year thanks to Terence and Edmund's tutoring; though since the second trial Edmund and her 'study sessions' had taken a fair few detours from the topic...

Currently, the two of them were in a spare classroom revising for a post-break test Professor Snape had sprung on them for later on in the week, their legs in between one another as they sat on either side of a desk.

"The Draught of Living Death is made using..."

"Asphodel root powder, wormwood, Valerian sprigs, sopophorous bean juice..." Edmund listed off, racking his brain for another ingredient. He sighed and shook his head.

"Sloth brain," Isadora told him, "Which clearly, you must have. You're getting slow." She chuckled. He groaned.

"I can't be bothered at the moment," He whined, brushing his foot against her leg and looking up at her through his lashes. Isadora was writing something down, completely missing his actions. He pouted and kicked the underneath of her chair.

"Wha-" She saw the look he was giving her, "Merlin's sake for someone who won't let his family touch him you are incredibly needy."

"Hey! You're the one who said in third year that I'd be a boring boyfriend because I wouldn't do anything."

"I'm only teasing Ed... but with your sloth for brains we need to study."

Edmund didn't like this fantastic new work-ethic Isadora had adopted. He cursed her for having copied his habits.

"Accio parchment," He said, taking the page she was writing on and 'accidentally' knocking her quill to the floor.

"Hey!" She cried, and he snickered at her, "Little shit."