xv . world's changing

╭━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╮

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦
𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅'𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈

╰━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╯

Isadora awoke the next morning with her and Edmund on separate sides of the bed; their limbs still intertwined regardless of the distance. The light shinned brightly through the thinning lace curtains, making her squint and turn away from the window.

Edmund was facing her. He looked so much softer and younger when he was asleep; His face was uncreased in his slumber and his plump lips were slightly parted.

Isadora snuck out of the room quickly, nicking a book from the top of one of her mother's piles on her way past. The three brothers, she noticed, The Deathly Hallows.

No one was staying on the top floor; Sirius didn't want anyone in those rooms except for Isadora. She tried to lighten her steps when she reached the second floor. Sirius was staying in the master bedroom on that level, and Molly and Arthur were in one of the rooms next to it.

She quietly descended again, coming to the first floor where all of the children had been staying. Just as she turned to go down the last set of stairs, she locked eyes with someone standing frozen in the doorway to Charlotte's room.

Isadora felt a devilish smile creep up on her face as she stared at the redhead caught red-handed. George sighed, knowing he wasn't going to get out of this one, and headed towards the stairs with Isadora.

"Morning lover boy," She whispered as they walked down together.

"Sod off," He told her, though he was smirking.

The pair walked down another set of narrow stairs and entered the kitchen where Molly was cooking breakfast for a few Order members.

"Morning Remus," Isadora said surprised, noticing her old teacher leaning up against a bench, "I didn't know you stayed."

"Yes well, I just took one of the rooms upstairs," He said, taking a sip from his steaming mug of tea. His tone was strange but Isadora decided to ignore it and continue walking through to the dining room with George. They sat down at the very far end of the table away from the adults.

"Any idea what Sirius was talking about last night before mum interrupted him?" He asked quietly. Isadora shrugged.

"A weapon right?" She asked.

"Dunno... Harry seems to think it's a weapon."

"What d'you reckon it is?"

"Could be anything," Fred said, suddenly apperating near them and pulling up a chair.

"Merlin, Fred! I got my apparition license the same time you did and you don't see me teleporting everywhere!"

"That's because you're boring... anyway I reckon it's something that can kill loads of people at once."

"Who d'you thinks got it now?" George asked them.

"If we've got it, Dumbledore's probably kept it at Hogwarts," Fred said.

"Of course it would be. Just like where he hid the Philosopher's Stone and drew Voldemort directly to Harry," Isadora grumbled, throwing the book down on the table and crossing her arms. The twins winced at the mention of the dark wizard's name.

"Surely a weapon's going to be a lot bigger than the Stone, though," Fred asked.

"Not necessarily," George said, "size is no guarantee of power."