Chapter 3

Today is the day. Our perfect plan comes into play. As Lilac goes downstairs to the living room to tell Clay she's going over to Rowan's house for the night and that she will message him throughout the day. Clay nods and lets Lilac know that he will drive her over there around noon on his way out. Clay didn't have any suspicions since this is Lilac, she would never do anything behind his back. He has full trust in his little sister.

As Clay and Lilac make their way into the car to head over to Rowan's Clay insist on Lilac turning on her location for 'safety reasons'. When they arrive at Rowan's, Lilac immediately gets out of the car and runs to the door without looking back as Clay speeds off. When Lilac finally makes her way into Rowan's house and up to her room, she is stopped by Rowan at the door frame.

"Ready lil?" Rowan says as they get ready to sneak out.

"Yes, ma'am" Lilac says

The girls began climbing out of Rowan's window onto a ladder Rowan's dad had left there from cleaning the gutters the other day. After not so gracefully dismounting off the ladder the girls run down the street to hitch a ride with Elliot. Cyrus's boyfriend.

As they run to Elliots car Rowan grabs onto Lilacs arm "Fuck me" Rowan says,

"Pardon what?" Lilac says looking at Rowan like she's crazy.

"You idiot look who is in the car" Rowan says

Lilac looks into the car and sees Cyrus sitting in the passenger seat and a sheepish looking Eliott in the driver's seat.

"Shit, we are so screwed" Lilac says

Both of them share a knowing look of defeat. They both know Cyrus will use this against them knowing that Clay would never let Lilac go to the fair alone when teenage boys are involved. The girls sigh and make their way to the car.

Lilac opens the back seat door and sees a random dude. Who the fuck is that she thinks. "Hey dude" she says to the man sitting on the other side of the seat. "Uh hey?" the guy says back.

Lilac climbs in and sits in the middle seat while Rowan also gets in and sits next her behind the passenger seat. As soon as everyone gets in the car, Elliot starts driving to the fair.

"Hey Zack" Rowan says to the mystery man.

"Sup Row" Zack says

"Zack? Who are you? Wait, no real question is for Eli and Cyrus, why is Cyrus here? I thought the whole mission was for me to not get caught by Clay?" Lilac says, looking at everyone in the car.

"I came because I am not letting my boyfriend go to the fair with other girls present and with my older sister and her unhinged best friend. Not happening, punta" Cyrus says back to Lilac (punta is bitch in spanish).

"Rude but whatever. Just as long as Clay doesn't find out I don't care. I choose life. Now back to the first question-" Lilac points to Zack "who is this man?"

"You could have just asked me, but I am Zack. I am Elliot's cousin" Zack says back to Lilac.

"Listen here buddy boy, I did ask you, I asked everyone in the car, and I do believe you are in the car. So no need to get smart with me" Lilac says sarcastically back.

"You could have just asked me," Zacks retorts back.

"Sir, you don't even know -" Lilac began to say as Rowan cut her off " Ok, ok...anyways- what's the game plan here?"

"Have fun, don't get caught, and hopefully find someone to get us some alcohol so when kids are screaming I can tune it out" Lilac says

"Ok, uh sounds good" Rowan says as she chuckles

"I am sick of hearing y'alls annoying voices, ba e turn up the music right now" Cyrus says in a clipped tone, clearly annoyed with the people in the back seat.

Rowan and Lilac look at each other and giggle. For the rest of the ride both girls and sometimes Zack sang their hearts out. Lilac looked over at Zack a couple times not even thinking about it and Zack to her. Rowan watched the two of them and felt the tension knowing he had a girlfriend. As she thought 'this is going to be a long day'. A drink sounded right up both girls' alleys as the car ride continued.