Chapter 2

I walk upstairs not knowing how to feel about what just happened. It bothers me that Clay does this every weekend but I try not to show that it bothers me that Clay pretends that this isn't an annual thing that happens every weekend because he doesn't know how to put his sister feeling into accountable about the disgusting thing he does every Friday, bring a new chick over and being so unspeakably loud when sleeping with them. I try not to think about it as I go to my room.

As I make it up the stairs I'm stopped by my younger sister Cyrus, she tells me real quick that her boyfriend Elliot is coming over like he usually does every Saturday so I nod and head into my room.

I decided to take a quick power nap since it's only 9am and I usually sleep in till noon on the weekends.

Hours Later

*Loud Voices In Background*

I'm suddenly woken up from dead in my sleep by unwanted loud talking. I look over to my night stand and grab my phone and check the time, it's 2:34pm. As I sat up on my bed all I could think about was ''how is it already almost 3pm!!". I slowly get out of bed and get ready for the day. After I'm finished getting ready I head down stairs to see Cyrus, Elliot and Zack sitting in the living room laughing their asses off for god knows what reason.

"Morning, Ro" says Eli

"Morning" I responded back

"Damn you look terrible" Cyrus says letting out a giggle

"Ha, ha funny...that's what happened when you are woken from loud mouths" I says back to Cyrus's comment

"Come on, you don't look that bad...come hang with us" Zack says with a smile

I walk over to sit next to Zack on the couch as Elliot and Cyrus are on the smaller couch.

"So, Zack, what are you doing here? I haven't seen you in a hot minute" I say in a soft spoken tone

"Suppose to be hanging with Elliot but he insist on coming over here to chill so here we are" he responded in a mellow tone

"Hey, what do I gotta say, I missed my girl" Elliot says as he leads over and kisses Cyrus.

"Gross." Zack and I say with a disgusted look

We all just chilled there for a while as we all caught up. After a while I then grabbed my phone to message Lilac.

"Good luck with daddy Clay" I message her

I knew she probably wouldn't respond since Clay is pretty intense, they mostly would be arguing for a while knowing them.

"Who are you talking to?" Zack asks as he tries

to look over my shoulder to see who I am texting.

"Oh, ah Lilac" I say to him

"Who's Lilac?" He says

"My best friend, you haven't met her yet but you will one day hopefully." I responded smiling at him.

"Well I look forward to meeting this mystery best friend" Zack says with a mysterious voice effect as he chuckles

I giggle at his voice, it's cute but I can't tell him that because I know his girlfriend Sage definitely wouldn't appreciate that.

"Hey, how Sage?" I turn to ask Zack

"Oh uh..she's good" as he turns away from trying to avoid more questions concerning her so I don't bother asking anymore, even though I have so many.

A few minutes pass by as we sit in a comfortable but awkward silence when my phone suddenly starts ringing. Zack and I both turn and look at my phone. It's Lilac.

"Uh, I'm gonna go take this" I say to everyone but mainly directed toward Zack as I stand up and walk away as Zack nods.

I walk out of the living room up to my room as I answer my phone.

"Hey Lil, I see you're not dead. How did the conversation with daddy Clay go?"

"How about we piss off that certain person by going to the fair tomorrow? Lil states in evil chuckle.

"Fuck yes!

Lil then explains her whole plan to me as I help her with some of logistics of plan, I let her know I'll figure out how to get there and the small inter details but after awhile I let Lil know I gotta get off the phone because I have people over but reassure her that the plan is seamless and I'm excited for tomorrow and for her to finally be a free women for once.

After I hang up the phone with Lil, I make my way back downstairs and sit back down next to Zack. I notice Cyrus isn't in the room anymore.

"Is everything good?" Zack questions me

"Yeah, it was just Lilac" I say smirking

"Why do you have that look on your face? When Lilac and that look is in the same sentence it is never good" Elliott says walking over to us.

"Uh.." I chuckle "So Eli, are you free tomorrow by chance?" I say with a grin

"No, nope, absolutely not, I will not be dragged into this plan. I learned my lesson last time. You two and your plans always back fire and I will not be in the crossfire. Been there done that" Eli says

"But please Eli, I swear it won't it will actually be really fun, I promise" as I give him the puppy dog eyes as I beg

"You are going to be the death of me child. Tell me what I have to do and maybe I will think about it. I have Zack with me tomorrow and the last thing I want to do is bail you or Lilac out of jail or have to call your sister to bail all of us out of jail. Not to mention having to deal with an angry Clay. You are signing my death certificate with this I already know it" Eli rambles on and on.

"Okay, okay. I get it so here's the plan so Lilac is going to get dropped off here and when Clay leaves, we are going to sneak out the window. Dad left the ladder up so we can get out from there. Cyrus cannot know though because she will use this against us for all of time or snitch and then we will be dealing with Clay and that is the whole point of this plan. You are gonna meet us down the street and then you are going to drive us to the fair. Stay, don't stay, I don't care but you are the getaway driver. Under all costs Clay cannot know. Lilac wants a day where she doesn't have to deal with him so....." I say quickly before Cyrus can return.

"You want me to lie to my girlfriend, and to Lilac's big scary older brother? Just so and correct me if I am wrong, 'have a day away from Clay'"  Elliott says in a deadpan tone.

"Yes, correct...so can you pleaseee, i'm begging you" I say as I feel Zack's eyes on me.

"If I get into any trouble because of you, Cyrus won't even get the chance to kill you because I will have already done it. But fine only because I don't want yours or Lilacs wrath later down the line for saying no" Eli says rolling his eyes

"Thank you, thank you...I owe you one" I say excitedly towards Eli

Elliot just nods his head as he sits back down on the couch as Cyrus walks in. I can still feel Zack's eyes on me, so I look over to him.

"Who's Clay?" Zack says in a confused but curious tone

"Oh, uh Clay...he's uh Lilac's older brother, he's (slight pause) no one really" As I turn away from Zack to face Eli and Cyrus.

I can feel Zack's energy change but I don't think much of it.