Chapter 4

As we arrive at the fair, I look over to Lilac to see a stranger look at her face so I look out the windshield to see a very familiar car parked in a couple rows in front of us. It's Clay vehicle. All I could think about is how screwed we are. I know how Clay is and if he catches us we are most likely dead.

"Shit, I didn't know Clay was coming today! Fuck me" - Lilac says in a freaked tone.

"We did not make it this far to give up now. If daddy Clay has a problem with you going to a stupid fair then he can deal with me" I say to assure Lilac.

"Yes, so he can kill us both- as long as we just stay lowkey he will never know we are here. He won't even think about me coming here" Lilac says as she rolls her eyes at me

"Clay?" Zack says in a confused tone. I forgot Zack knows nothing about Lilac and her story.

"Don't say that name out loud, you are gonna summon the demon. And I would actually like to live today, and for the rest of my life. If the demon finds out I am here I will never be let out of the house ever again" Lilac says scolding Zack.

Zack looks over to Elliott with a confused look upon his face. Elliott just looks at him and shakes his head. Zack sighs and continues walking with the group as we arrive at the ticket booth to get our wristbands.

Just as we were about to be next, I slapped Lilac to gain her attention as I pointed over to where Clay was as he began making his way towards us.

"Uh-oh, fuck" Lilac says as she grabs onto my arms and running but mainly dragging me the opposite direction from Clay. I suppose she is hoping to out run him but I know how this is gonna end.

I take a glance behind them to see Clay clearly pissed off chasing after them. I could feel my heart sink to my stomach.

"Papa bear has been let out of the cave. I repeat Papa bear has been let out of the cave and he is pissed as fuck coming from 5 o'clock." I state as we continue running until I feel a tug as Lilac releases my arm as I stop in my tracks as I turn around to see that Clay has gotten a hold of Lilac wrist stopping her from running any further. As I try to pry his hands off her wrist as Lilac and I make contact with a stare that says "were fucked...we got caught."

"Lilac Ray Boone what the actual fuck are you doing here" Clay says scolding his sister.

"Clay, shut up, she can be here if-" I begin to say but the look Clay gave me sent a sharp pressure to my chest that shut me right up. I give Lilac a sympathetic feeling bad for not being able to help her in this situation.

"I am 17 Clay, I can go to the fair with my friends if I want too. I mentioned the idea to Rowan and she thought it would be fun so we asked Eli to drive us and boom we are here. I have been here for maybe 5 minutes before you found us" Lilac says trying to reason with her brother.

Before Clay could respond all of his friends and mine made their way over to us.

"Clay, that was dramatic, even for me," Cyrus says as a couple people from the group snicker from her comment as Clay rolls his eyes at her.

"So Clay, who are the babes you have here?" as one of Clay's friends bluntly states as he checks us girls out.

"That is my SISTER Lilac and her friend Rowan and Rowan's sister Cyrus. Off limits, all three of them Tobie and to everyone else" Clay says.

"Woah, woah Clay I'm not off limits...I'm still on the market." I state giving Clay a smirk.

"Me either, just because you're my big brother and these dweebs are your friends means absolutely nothing. I am single and not off limits thank you very much asshole" Lilac says back to Clay in a sassy tone.

"Cyrus is taken...I'm just putting that out there" Elliot states in a quiet but dominant tone.

"Sweetheart, I am not a dweeb, just because I am friends with dweebs does not make me a dweeb" as another one of Clay's friends with a deep and dominant tone says.

"Listen here pretty boy, I am not your 'sweetheart' and it does make you a dweeb being friends with them. So please keep your smart comments to yourself. Don't want that pretty little head of yours to work too hard now do we?" Lilac says in a mean but flirtatious tone to the deep voice man.

"The names Finn, sweetheart" Finn says smirking towards Lilac. I can feel the tension surrounding everyone but all I can do is smirk from this nonsense.

"Finn you have a girlfriend so stay the fuck away from Lil" Clay says still noticeably pissed off.

All anyone can do is just stand here and watch these three bicker.

"At this point y'all need some popcorn and movie seats" Lilac says to everyone staring.

Everyone other than the three of them blurts out a quick laugh as we all start walking back to the ticket booth. I catch up to Zack and begin walking next to him as everyone else follows behind us.

"Do they always fight like that" Zack says to me

"Honestly yes" as I let out a chuckle

Zack lets out a quick giggle as he smirks.

When we arrive at the booth Zack and I pay for our wristbands and start walking into the fair as we stand nearby the booth waiting for everyone else.

When everyone finally gathers together. Lilac asks "So which ride first" towards the group.

"How about the ferris wheel?" Eli says

"Booooorinnnnggg" says the cute tall guy

"Quinn, shut up, go play some fair games if your just gonna complain" says Clay

"I have no problem with it" Lilac says agreeing with Eli

"Uh sorry Eli, I gotta agree with Quinn, if y'all wanna go ride the ferris wheel while we play a few games that's cool with me and we can all meet up after y'all are done." I say

"I mean I guess, so anyone who wants to ride the ferris wheel let's go and anyone who is lame like Row and Quinn can go with them" Lilac says sharply to everyone

Finn and Tobbie decide to come with Quinn and I as the rest of them go ride the ferris wheel.

"Which game do you guys want to play first" Quinn says

"I don't care, I just didn't want to ride some dumb ferris wheel." Finn says in a bored tone

"Okay, well I don't wanna just stand here so let's walk around and whatever game intrigues us we will play, okay?" I say

Everyone nods and we all begin to walk. Quinn is walking on the left side of me as Finn is on the right as Tobie is next to Finn. We walk around for about 5 minutes until we find a game where you compete with others with water guns and you aim at the target to win a stuffed animal. We all pay for a round as we all find a gun and get ready to try to win. I'm a bit nervous being around them since I don't know them but I can't help but be attracted to all of them. As soon as we hear the ding, water guns start shooting out water and I aim at the target trying to beat them all until I hear a big ding meaning someone won, and it wasn't me. I looked at the other targets to see who won and it was Finn.

I let out a quiet sigh disappointed that he beat me until I heard Finn say something to me.

"Which one would you like, cupcake?" as he smirks

"Oh, um the big white bear please." I say to him

"You heard the lady, that one." Finn says to the carnies.

The carnies hands me the bear as I say thank you to the carnies.

"No, thank you to me, cupcake?" Finn says smirking

"No and stop calling me that" I say seriously to him

All the boys let out a laugh as we walk away from the game as I feel a hand on my back directing me to walk, I look next to me to figure out who it is and it's Quinn, I couldn't help but blush at his actions but thank god he didn't notice since he was focused on where he was walking like everyone else.