§ 𝐈𝐕 §

'Admire the people who remain dedicated to their goals.'

David Mamet

***

It was dark,all of it.My head felt like it was about to explode but then suddenly light came to my vision and i hear a happy scream,definitely my wolfie friend. 'She's waking up guys!' When i opened my eyes i saw that i was at the infirmary. I saw Enid,Wednesday and Xavier all three looking down at me. 'For how long have i been out?' Wednesday looked surprised. 'Just a day.' Xavier smiled and said. 'You'll most likely feel dizzy but i'll fade,you hurt your head.' I was looking confused. 'Not me,Rowan.What happened i heard him scream and that shadow,it was it wa- ' Wednesday stopped me. 'See!She saw it too.You have to believe us. There's a monster. I'm not planing on escaping anymore,not until i find out everything about it.' Enid spoke. 'Well,i think Darcy needs rest and you as well.' I lifted up from the bed. Xavier was quick to put his hand in front of me,stopping. 'No,i slept a hole day,i'm with Wednesday.Rowan. He's alive?' Xavier looked down and then at me. 'Look,i don't know what happened out there but he looked fine this morning when he left.

I was confused so bad. I was now in my room with Wednesday.I still had a little headache but the cut looked fine,that's what the nurse said. 'I know i passed out but there was this shadow i saw coming and his screams.' Wenz nodded. 'They think i'm going insane.But all these attacks it just have to be a monster.' I nodded as well. Whatever it was,we will find out.

***

I talked to Nona and she believes me and Wenz. I wanted to see some people so i just went outside with Wednesday by my side.As soon as she saw us Enid gave me a bone crashing hug. 'Wow,okay,what's with all this excitement?' She just slapped herself i looked so confused now. 'How could i forgot.So every year the school organizes a Poe Cup that unfortunately Bianca always wins i literally what to kill myself if she wins this year again.Basically you need to craft a canoe that you personalize. A team of 4,cano part,foot chase part and there are no rules. She basically wins cuz she's a master with water.'

I looked at Wednesday,she was still thinking about all the Rowan stuff. 'Or because she have a little too much help from her fish friends.' Both of them nods.Then Enid spoke. 'Anyway,I'm so excited you decided to stay.' 'I thought you wanted your single room back.' 'Full disclosure,I don't like living solo and Thing gives a killer neck massage.It's a win-win.' I was just staying looking from Enid to Wenz. 'So...why change of heart?' 'I refuse to play the role of a pawn in someone else's corrupt game.' 'You mean Rowan?' 'Me and Darcy witnessed his murder, Enid.'I nodded. She's right. 'It's just we all saw him this morning.Very much,like,not dead.' 'We know E. This is why it's so mind blowing. I fucking blame that fall,then i would of saw it right but i heard it.' 'This leads me to believe that i've been losing my mind.' I nodded putting a hand on her shoulder.