Chapter Eight: Imprisoned

Fury wasn't listening to you. He was now more interested in Thor standing in front of you. You quietly attempt to slip away, walking past the circular prison where Loki was behind held. 

You give him one last quick glance and a gentle smile. He glances up at the camera then back to you. You shake your head 'no'. You knew what he was getting at; he wanted you to disconnected the cameras so he could make his escape.

More gaurds suddenly enter the room, stopping you just as you reach the exit. Your eyes narrow instinctively.

"Escort Miss Star to an empty room. I want her under surveillance and under gaurd until further notice." Fury commands them as he walks towards you. Loki seems visibly concerned, before looking quite angry as he moves away from the thick glass.

"Don't touch me." You warn them as you feel another surge of energy course throughout your body just as the gaurds and Fury had made you feel threatened again. Your hands and fingers tremble again and you seem visibly frightened by the power you hold and the damage you could do.

"Step back from her. Put her in with my brother. She won't feel threatened with him. She's not in control right now; he can help calm her." Thor recommends strictly. 

You glance at Thor, a little dumbfounded, staring in disbelief. This whole situation was going around in circles, not getting anywhere. You had suggested that very same idea, only for Fury to shut you down. 

You watch as Fury walks over to the odd control panel that operates the cage door. The guards herd you close to the very same door and force you to enter the cage. Loki watches, standing way back from the door, not even attempting an escape. The door closes and locks behind you.

"There, now all of us are now happy; She's contained and staying within the building. And good news for me; if Loki pisses her off; perhaps she'll end up electrocuting him, just like she did to me and my men." Fury comments. You turn to face Fury, who walks out of the room before you could respond.

Thor gives you a sympathetic smile before he too leaves the room, with the security door shutting behind him. It was now just you and Loki.

You hear footsteps behind you before the sound of the creaking of the bench as Loki sits down on it again. He seemed to be reluctant to be too close to you.

"It seems that we have some more bonding time, Miss Star." Loki speaks formally, in a somewhat amused manner. Though, it seemed to be a mask. You don't question him or ask for answers about his odd behaviour.

"Yeah, though, I have to admit; you seem more relaxed now." A wide smile spreads across your face as you gaze at him softly, getting lost in his gorgeous hypnotic blue eyes and his beautiful sexy face. You bite your lip lightly. You shake your head a little and try to push those thoughts from your mind. It was inappropriate to think a stranger as attractive, but the pull towards him was still there.

Loki glances up at something then laughs, in pure amusement. His real laugh. It was like music to your ears. 

"What's so funny, Loki?" You ask him. You don't dare look to where he is looking as something crosses your mind. A look of realisation crosses your face. "Oh... I ... er... completely forgot about those.." You mutter under your breath to yourself. "Stupid cameras..." You mutter again, irritated that they had caught your actions of being enticed by Loki's presence. 

You sigh and sit down on the floor, a little away from him. You didn't know how to control your ability and didn't want to cause more harm, especially to Loki. You could sense him watching you.

"Rest, my pet. Tomorrow I shall assist you, with your ability." Loki's tone was soft, unlike you've heard before. You frown and glance at him, thinking you misheard him. He called you his 'pet'.  He smirks at you and watches you as your eyes begin to close and you slip into a peaceful sleep.