Chapter Fourteen: The Visitor

"Y/N?" A voice calls to you, echoing around you, as you remain sitting against the thick wooden door. "Y/N?" The familar voice calls to you again, still echoing in your head, though it was louder this time. 

You lift your head up slightly off your knees. "Loki? Is it really you?" You look in the direction of the voice as you lift your head up fully, blinking a little in disbelief. You thought you were going crazy, but directly in front of you, kneeling lightly to match your eye-level was him, Loki, somehow. His face was inches from your own.

"Hello, my pet." He greets you with a chuckle of amusement, though it drops a little as he sees the tears in your eyes and lightly streaming down your delicate face. Without any hesitation and and without realising what you're doing;  you move forward to wrap your arms around him, seeming to be relieved and quite happy to see him, realising now that he wasn't a fragment of your imagination, but was actually there in front of you. However, instead of embracing him; you fall face first onto the floor, making a small thud as your body hits the floor.

You sit up and move into a small squat and glance behind you, back to where you were just sitting, back to where he was kneeling. He had changed position, having turned to face you again and his back to the door. His expression was somewhat concerned.

"I'm sorry, my love... I'm astralprojecting... I'm not truly here."  Loki's voice seems somewhat sad, though you couldn't place why.  You stand up slowly in front of him, almost stumbling as you do, due to how long you had been sitting there.

"It's alright, Loki, I'm just really happy to see you. It means alot to me." Your voice was sincere and genuine,  soft smile spreading on your face, your cheeks slightly growing warm from the light blush of blood travelling, as you felt a rush of bashfulness. 

He chuckles in amusement to your reaction and your words, one hand moving up to reach your blushing vibrant cheeks. " Just as I am happy to see you. It's been rather dull on Midgard without you."  There was a small pause, with his expression shifting and his arm lowering, as if remembering that he couldn't touch you. His expression seemed concerned. "What's troubling you?" He asks curiously, anxious even, matching his facial expression.

You take a deep breath before you answer him. "Your father.... Odin. I may have accidently... hurt him during the diagnostic process, with my weird electric power acting on its own." You explain to him a little awkwardly, lightly fiddling with your hands nervously.

You watch his face as you see him bite his bottom lip, seeming more amused than before. He was trying to compose his reaction, with the concern from his face disappearing completely.  His shoulders shake a little as he tries to supress his laughter.  "Allow me to compose myself for a moment. I wasn't expecting such humour." He speaks lightly, taking a deep breath. You wait, standing their patiently in front of him until he stops laughing and straightens up. It was very clear that he found it funny. 

The next time he speaks; his tone was serious. A warning. "Be cautious around my father. He wouldn't usually take such an action lightly, accident or not. He is quite the tyrant." 

"I know. Your brother informed me already." You speak as you take a step towards him, sighing lightly and stopping, just as he did before when he tried to reach for you, remembering he wasn't actually with you.  You let out a hefty sigh. "I wish I could touch you right now..." You mutter lightly, though loud enough that he could hear you.

"Once you've returned to Midgard with your power under control and perhaps even your memories returned; then perhaps we can. " Loki reassures you strongly, sounding as if he wanted to spend more time with you, just as much as you wanted to spend more time with him.

You blink and try to control your reaction, with your cheeks heating up again. For some reason, that little declaration made your heart flutter. "U-um...." You clear your throat. "Anyway.... How... are they treating you.. in that weird building?" You ask awkwardly, slightly embarrassed, hoping to change the subject, though he catches on what you're trying to do.

"Trying to change the subject will not change how adorable you look when you're flustered."  A wide grin appears on his face as he teases you. He was quite amused by your reactions and facial expressions.

"That's not funny, Loki." You mutter in slight annoyance.

"I stand corrected; you're right, it's not funny.... it's just surprisingly...cute."  You sigh again as he speaks in earnest. You try your best to compose yourself this time, not letting him get underneath your skin. 

"Are the Avengers treating you alright?" You ask again, this time in a firm tone. 

"For now. My brother's Midgardian brethern are leaving me alone, though I admit, when they do visit; I do like to toy with them." Loki was honest in his response, with a slight hint of irritation as he spoke about the Avengers. It was clearly a topic he didn't wish to talk about.

A huge sigh comes from him. "I'm terribly sorry, Miss Star. I must go.  I can only hold this form for a short period of time.. and it's been longer than I've ever done before. I do not wish to push it."  He informs you, his tone with deep regret.

"Don't over-exert yourself, Loki. Especially for me. I'll see you again soon."  You say lightly as you try to sound strong. He was risking his own health just to talk to you, to spend time with you. 

"I promise, I shall return to you tomorrow." He speaks assuringly just as he begins to fade then vanish completely from the room, leaving you alone again in the big bed chambers you were residing in whilst you were visiting Asgard.