Chapter Fifteen: Focus

A few days later; you hadn't seen anyone since you saw Loki that night in your bed chambers through his astral projecting ability, which you weren't aware that he could even do until then. 

You were sitting cross-legged in the middle of the room, on the soft white rug, with your eyes closed, focusing on your odd sparkling energy and power, keeping in mind what Loki had taught you previously. 

A faint knock and voice sound but you keep focused on your magic, trying to feel it deep within. "Oi, Lady Star? Breakfast is ready." You hear Thor speak to you, a slight hint of amusement in his tone.  You hear his approach, before the slight clicking of his fingers right by your ear.

"Star? Can you hear me? Helllloooo?" His voice was closer now, but you remain as you were with your eyes shut and you firmly focusing on your powers, trying to picture your power in your mind.

His footsteps receed and exit the room, only for a few minutes, before the sound of two sets of shoes approaching you after entering your room.

"Mother, you see? She's not responding. She's been in here for the past few days, without anything to eat. Is there something wrong with her?" Thor speaks in confusion and deep with worry. Their footsteps stop directly in front of you until you sense one of them kneeling down.

"She's fine, my son. I gather she's attempting to focus on her raw and unstable power." Frigga's soft voice sounds close by, reassuring her son. "Miss Star? You're alright. My husband is alright also. You have nothing to fear. You have a home here as long as you'd like it." She was now reassuring you, directing her voice in your direction, which just reminded you of Loki.

You feel yourself relax quite a bit after hearing that Odin was alright and that they weren't angry with you. A warmth begins to radiate through your palms and body and you continue to focus on it, trying to move it into the palm of your hands, as Loki had tried to teach you before. Your thoughts move to him and how he made you feel. 

You open your eyes and glance downward at the palms of your hands, blinking in surprise but you keep your focus. The electricity from before wasn't there; instead it was a beautiful bright glowing orb of pure magic, hovering in the air directly above your hands. It radiated so much warmth and it didn't stop there as you could feel the power flowing through your veins; you could literally see it travelling from your arms, to your your wrists and upwards into your hands and fingertips.

Your eyes widen in pure surprise at the morphing of power, as if it grew stronger. You felt stronger too. "Thor, Frigga.... I'm doing it... It's beautiful." You glance up, taking your eyes off your power, and smile at them widely, proudly. They smile at you in return, clearly happy for you.

"Well done, Lady Star. We're proud of you." Thor speaks first, just before Frigga congratulates you on gaining control, with them both staring at the brilliant orb hovering above your hands. The glow seems to intensify within the orb and within your veins.

"That's good. Keep focusing. Think about what sort of power you'd want it to evolve into. Is it defensive? Offensive? Protective? Or a mixture with creation?" Frigga speaks softly, helping you focus in giving you options on what your power could evolve and grow into. 

"Preferably nothing negative." Thor adds with a teasing smirk. He's hushed by his mother. You sigh and ignore his remark, staying focused until the orb begins to slowly move as you imagine it covering your hands and twirls around and through your fingers. It travels back up and morphs into the shape you've pictured within your mind; a vibrant purple butterfly that flies upwards, fluttering gracefully with a glistening trail behind it. Afterwards; the magic returns back to your veins, within your fingers and palms, before the glow completely stops and your veins return to their natural colour.

You quickly get off the floor, practically jumping up and drop your hands to your sides. A grin spreads across your face.

"Come now, Lady Star. Let's get you something to eat, shall we? You must be starving." Frigga speaks softly, trying to get you out of the room.

You shake your head lightly and hold up your arms with your palms facing her. "I'd rather just stay in my room, if you don't mind... I don't want to harm anyone, even if I can focus my power now..." You politely decline her offer.

"Nonsense. You will came and have dinner with us. You'll be fine." Frigga was stern this time, trying to assure you that you'll be alright with her and Thor.

"Again, I appreciate it, but I couldn't possibly accept...Besides, I need to keep practising.." You speak lightly, with a slightly flustered hint to your tone of voice. 

"What you need is to get out of this room. Do not worry about such trivial things. Your power is apart of you and we trust you. We trust that you can contain it, control it." Thor speaks up, clearly not taking 'no' for an answer.

You let out a hefty sigh of defeat. "Alright... I'll join you. I suppose it's stupid of me to even try to deny the royal family.."

"No, you definately cannot." Thor teases you with a smile, with a light chuckle.  You sigh heavily again and they  begin walking towards your door.

Frigga exits the room first with Thor stepping to the side, letting you through first. He probably thought that you'd close the door behind them as soon as he left with his mother, so he leaves you with no choice but to exit the room second. You follow Frigga out of your room and you sense Thor exit behind you. The light click of the door shutting sounds quietly as you all walk down the hall, with you continuing to be in the middle of the two royals.