Chapter 2: Boss Meeting

Once there you had made some other friends in the town. The first was Koharu, a girl of your own age with shoulder length black hair and deep green eyes. She still wore the standard female player clothing in dark red and she used a dagger as her main weapon. The second person was a tall and muscular man that went by the name of Ruijerd and he was armed with a two-handed spear. His short hair was green and funnily enough so were his eyes, but where Koharu's were polished emerald, his were murky water. The four of you walked into the amphitheater of the town where the boss meeting would be held. You set yourselves down on the front row next to each other, as to have a good view of the stage. You were all talking amongst each other, with the exception of Ruijerd as he was rather quiet, when you saw Mito staring at a cloaked figure sitting high up on the stands, sitting alone. She looked back at your questioning look and nodded, a gesture which you returned.

Just then a man with blue hair and tunic walked on the stage of the amphitheater. He had a bronze chestplate and pauldrons, while wearing a shield and a one-handed longsword. 'Alright! Let's get started everybody! Thank you all for responding to my summons today! My name is Diabel and my profession is that one of a "knight", or at least in my own mind anyway,' he started and waited for everyone to calm down as some started laughing at the mention that he had a profession. A smart move to break the ice like that, you thought. 'Today, our party found the Boss Room at the top of that tower.' He pointed at the enormous pillar that connected the ceiling and floor of the lowest level of Aincrad, the virtual floating "castle" you were stuck in now and needed to get out of. This statement brought forth some gasps of the audience, while you listened with an attentive ear. 'We need to get on top of that tower, defeat the Boss and tell everyone in the Town of Beginnings that this game can be beaten! That's our duty right now! Ain't that right everyone?!' he continued his speech. He significantly raised our morale by appealing to our sense of duty, a seemingly good way to get people to follow you, you thought, but that question at the end makes him sound like he's not trying to force everyone, which sometime may prove to be his downfall. 'And so, without further ado, let's get this boss meeting started. Firstly, I want you to divide into squads of six as a conventional party has no chance to win against a Floor Boss. We need to form a raid squad using multiple parties.' During this explanation you unanimously decided that the four of you would team up, which left you with 2 empty spaces amongst your ranks.

Luckily, they were filled up quickly by an approaching pair of players that looked remarkably like one another, one was a girl while the other was a boy. Both had golden eyes and blonde hair as bright as the sun. The boy wore the standard male player uniform in black with accompanying black boots, copper chestplate, pauldron and kneepads, his long hair in a low braid at the back of his head, while the girl wore a white dress-like shirt and white mid-thigh skirt, the standard issued clothing by the game and the same protection as her companion, her face being framed by two longer bangs of her otherwise short hair. 'Hello there,' the boy greeted you and your group. 'General Kenobi,' you replied automatically, without a second thought. The girls looked weird at you and a small smile crossed Ruijerd's face making him relax a bit after he became quite tense after the new kids came to you. 'Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.' The boy tipped his head to yours and you mirrored him, stating: 'It appears so.' 'I see you've got some spots open, mind if we join?' the other girl asked. 'You want us to trust you without introducing yourselves first?' Ruijerd said. 'Idioten,' he whispered. 'Oh, we're sorry. I'm Tsukuyomi and this is Amaterasu,' he finally introduced himself and the girl. 'I'm (P/N) (A/N: Player name) and these are Mito, Koharu and Ruijerd,' you told him, pointing at your respective friend when you mentioned their name. 'Are you guys family?' asked Mito out of curiosity. 'We're twins actually,' Amaterasu answered your question. 'That explains the lookalike,' Koharu said. You eyed them up and down one last time, your gaze staying at their swords, which were on their backs. 'Glad to have you.' You welcomed them to your party making it complete.