✶ 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖶𝖺𝗌 𝖶𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗁 𝖨𝗍: 𝖲𝗁𝗎𝗋𝗂 𝖴𝖽𝖺𝗄𝗎 ✶

*BPWF SPOILERS AHEAD!!!*

Sthandwa Sami (Xhosa) = my love

Warnings: Mentions of Teen Pregnancy, Sexual Innuendos, Threat Mentions, Toxic Relationship between Reader & Jamal

Pairings: Girlfriend!Shuri x Black!Girlfriend!Reader, Mom!Reader x Son!Kayden x Daughter!Karina

Summary: Finally getting her life back on track, Shuri moves to Haiti away from Wakanda to rediscover herself. Maybe, she'll meet a certain someone who adds more spark to her life.

Word Count: 3.2k+

Author's Note: Reader is 23 and she had her kids at 16, making them 7 years old. Kinda dedicated to my fav Shuri writers for giving me this huge inspiration with all of their amazing stories.

■■■■■■■

The mixture of waves harshly crashing against the seashore and seagulls squawking from the skies drowned out Shuri's sniffles as the warm breeze lightly wanders throughout her curls.

After finding out that she was not only a sister but also an aunt, her thoughts on the universe drastically changed once she realized that she wouldn't have to grieve alone. Upon her brother's passing and, currently, her mother's recent passing broke her heart beyond pieces, and it was slowly rendering to its alignment.

Her eyes rested on the bonfire ahead of her, surveying the last bits of her funeral garments that furnished in the fire, transforming into black ashes. Breaking out into a tiny fit of giggles as she wiped away the runaway tears from her face.

All the weight on her shoulders was finally being lifted off and she felt like she can breathe again. Peace had managed to find a way into her heart once again.

Becoming an upcoming Queen was just going to bring back more unwanted stress that she simply just wanted to avoid. Of course, she'll miss Wakanda, it was her homeland but from here on then, Haiti was her new home.

The waves brought her into a quiescent stupor as she admires the view in tranquility and astonishment. The ocean was her new getaway from time to time.

Music faintly played from the west side of the beach which caught Shuri's ears but she didn't pay any mind to it. The symphony gave her a soothing meditation to relaxation as she lets her eyes rest, swaying silently to the upbeat tune.

Being completely absorbed into her own world, the princess didn't register when a shadow halted before her. However, when you gently tapped on her shoulder, it brought her out of a trance.

"Hey, you okay, you look like you've been through hell." You softly speak, bending down slightly to the black woman.

Shaking her head in reassurance as a light-hearted chuckle erupts from her. "Trust me, you have no idea." Shuri was finally healing and a stranger being sympathetic toward her wasn't going to help. The stranger was only being kind to her and the princess shouldn't chastise her for basic human decency.

She raised her head to look up at you, plastering on a charming smile, squinting her eyes a bit. "If it's not a problem, I kinda wanna be alone right now." Obligated to end the conversation with you, she spoke very dismissively, hoping you would take the hint and leave her be.

"Right, sorry for disturbing you." You brushed her off with a firm head nod and got up to leave. But before you left, you stopped mid-track turning back towards her, "I'm over there," pointing towards a horde of young kids, who seems to be playing numerous activities as her eyesight follows your finger.