She's Unaware

L U C I E L

"Was it good?" Isabella asked as she cleaned up the scraps from the plate.

"Mhm" I humm in reply.

I watched as she washed the dishes with a small smile on her face.

By the time I woke up, Isabella was already up and about preparing breakfast (I woke up to the smell of bacon and the sound of the kettle). I offered to do the dishes but she said 'no' and that I should 'focus on getting rid of your hangover'. She was the first one to go lights out and definitely had a lot more to drink than me. Yet, here she was, washing dishes and humming tunes.

I walked up behind her and rested my head in the crook of her neck. My arms sneaked their way around her waist with my hands clasped at her front.

"Are you going to be busy today?" I murmured against her neck.

"Nothing major, only need to do some  cleaning." She stated and put a plate on the drying rack.

"I see." I reply and nuzzle further into her neck.

She used the same bodywash as I did but it smelled heavenly coming from her skin. Even the clothes I borrowed her looked better on her. Although they were two sizes too big, it made her look cute. The T-shirt hung loosely revealing her shoulder and the sweatpants were a bit too long but had a tight fight around her waist.

"And you?" She perked up.

"Me?" I ask confused.

"Do you have any plans?"

I went silent for a bit in thought.

Rose and I weren't on good terms at the moment so I doubt she'd show up. As for Casper, I'm not too sure. She comes and goes as she pleases so I guess I should expect a visit from her later in the day.

"Casper is probably gonna visit later, so yes, I guess I do have plans?" I tell her with uncertainty.

I wouldn't call them plans considering we're not going anywhere and will most likely just chill here at my place. Casper mostly comes over to study or when she just wants to act like a damn thorn up my ass; demanding that I entertain her even though she knows she has the ability to do whatever the hell she wants when she comes over. Are all bestfriends so fucking needy?

Isabella only chuckles with my reply and continues washing the remaining dishes. She didn't seem bothered with my clingyness which gave me the courage to tighten my grip around her a little more.

To be honest, I was nervous.

Eversince this morning, I've been on edge because of last night. When I woke up, I had to mentally prepare myself before having the guts to go into the kitchen where Isabella was. Unfortunately, my preparation went down the drain when I stepped in and saw her preparing coffee. I stood dead still at the doorway when I saw that she hadn't noticed my presence. I contemplated if I should turn back around and go back to the couch and pretend to sleep (as if it'll fix anything), or, I could walk in and act casual. But at that moment I wasn't sure how to act casual.

While I was lost in my thoughts and trying to find solutions to avoid her, Isabella said 'Good morning'. Relief instantly washed over me when she revealed a small smile. I returned the gesture, hoping that it was convincing enough with my hands clenched on my sides. Whilst eating, I observed her body language and tried finding something out of the norm. Luckily everything seemed okay from her side, it's either that or that she was good at acting. I put the nagging feeling at the back of my mind and continued eating while the two of us talked.