Mine

L U C I E L

"Mhm, thanks." I say, "I'll let you know."

After ending the call, I tossed my phone on the couch and headed to the kitchen.

Opening the fridge I felt a slight shiver running through my body, the cold air making me rub at my arms for a moment. After taking out two bottles of water, I proceeded back to the bedroom but stopped when I heard the vibration of my phone.

I cursed under my breath, turned around and headed back to the living room.

Looking at the screen I cursed once again when it was an unknown number. For a moment I weighed out my options:

If I do answer, chances are that it might be a wrong number or someone intended to call me. If it's the latter, it might be another photography job I don't want to take on right now.

And if I ignore it, they might not call again. Which is exactly what I want.

My phone rang for a couple more seconds until the person on the other end gave up. Before I could let out a sigh of relief, the person called again.

I pressed the green button and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hello, Luciel speaking."

"Hey Luciel, it's Lisa."

"Oh hey, what's up?"

"Listen, I'll just get straight to the point. I know you said you aren't the biggest fan of the whole wedding set-up but can you please help me with photography next week Saturday? Emma just cancelled on me and I don't have anyone else to ask."

"What about Isaac?"

"That prick already has plans besides, I bet he'll end up eating more than snapping photos."

I slumped on the couch and thought about it for a while.

So far I don't have any plans for next week Saturday and I'm not exactly the best liar either. I could say that I already have a photography job for that day, but Lisa is aware that I just hang out with Casper or laze around my apartment. She was also aware of the fact that I avoid photography jobs in winter, hating the idea of stepping out my door unless it's an emergency.

On the other hand, I don't have the heart to say no either. I mean, she was the one who helped me at Mariah's wedding and did a pretty good job.

"Yeah," I say. "I'll help you, text me the address and time."

"Thank you so much. I'll make it up to you somehow. I would've asked Jaydin, but he doesn't know shit about cameras." She sighed.

"Jaydin?" I asked.

Lisa must've heard my confusion and let out a laugh. "My boyfriend," she said. "The guy I told you about last time, we're officially a couple."

After I congratulated Lisa, she said I should delete her old number and save the new one.

Now that I thought about it, it was kind of weird. Hosting a wedding during winter was something I never quite understood. Usually, couples would prefer summer because it was hot and the sky a clear blue along with flowers blooming and the weather being on par.