Future | Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Fatum in occursum (Fate to Encounter)

Italics: thoughts
CW: cursing

༺═──────────────═༻

Even though the sun had already set, they had discovered nothing about Ultibot's whereabouts. It's been almost a week when they started searching around Planet Yeirilia, and it felt they've been running around in circles. The team is losing hope of finding the power sphera.

Planet Yeirilia is nothing unusual like they've seen from other planets, it looks like Earth, and it feels like home and yet, something feels off about this place.

For the ninth time that day, the elemental hero sighed and decided that the team would end the day by resting in their temporary location. It was quiet when they settled their own tents, gathering around the campfire for warmth and taking in the silence.

The crackling of the flame can be heard before Boboiboy broke the silence. "Is there any signal here for the tracker?" It was clear in his voice that he was tired as hell.

Fang glanced at the tracker and unfortunately found nothing new on the screen. He shook his head in response. Some of the members groaned, mostly Gopal, in frustration.

"Dey! Are you sure you're looking clearly at the tracker?" Gopal exclaimed with a roll of his eyes. As to prove that he's telling the truth, Fang pushed the tracker closer to Gopal's face, gritting his teeth in the process.

"You want a closer look? Here, here!" Fang barked with a deadly glare on his face. Intimidated, Gopal animatedly cried and hid behind Ying. Before Ying can complain, the tracker beeped as the red dot on the screen started to move.

"See?!" Gopal exclaimed, looking at Fang with a smug smile. An irk formed at the shadow manipulator's forehead, eyes twitching in annoyance. "Why you—!" Boboiboy quickly hold back the pissed off Fang in getting into a never-ending teasing fight.

"Ish! Stop teasing him, Gopal!" Ying can't help but to smack his head at his antics. "Ow!"

"This is not the time to fight! We need to follow the tracker quick before we'll lost the signal!" Yaya scolded, bonking both boys' head which earned her a yelp from them.

Boboiboy nodded, "Let's go!"

༺═──────────────═༻

"What is that?!!"

"Run for you life!"

Boboiboy and his friends separated ways and ran in different directions as they hid themselves behind the trees. Sweats running down his face, heavy breaths from running.

"We weren't in this situation if you just stayed put, Gopal!" Ying exclaimed with a frown.

"It's not my fault, the shell was in the way!" Gopal reasoned, a nervous look on his face from her words.

"Is—"

"Shhh! It's here!" Fang whisper-shouted, pressing his back closer to the tree he was hiding. They gulped simultaneously.

Growls and leaves crunches beneath it's paw. The sound of sniffing was getting closer, it was getting near to it's prey. They need to fight in order to survive or they'll be dead meat.

Flashback

"It went that way!" Yaya who has the tracker, pointed at a shallow cave and certain that the power sphera was hiding there based on the tracker.