Part 1

Unexpected Romance (completed)

"Hey Stace, do you think Pete will ask you to go with him to Eric's party this weekend?" asked Kate,

but seeing that she got no response, she turned and saw her best friend lost in her thoughts again. It had been happening a lot these past few weeks, ever since she came back from visiting her sister in New York.

-"Stace?!" said Kate more forcefully this time.

-"What?" asked Stacey, snapping from her reverie.

-"you"re doing it again." said Kate.

-"sorry"

-"What's wrong? You can tell me you know." encouraged Kate.

-"it's nothing. Really!" assured her Stacey.

Kate looked at her not convinced, but decided to drop it for now.

-"I asked if you think Pete will ask you to Eric's party this Saturday."

-"I don't know. I don't care." Answered Stacey, shrugging her shoulders.

Kate looked at her in surprise.

-"since when?"

-"I don't know, Kate. What does it matter anyways?"

-"oh, nothing other than you've had a crush on him since like Kindergarten, and you guys have been on and off so many times I've lost count."

-"yeah, well people change, crushes fade."

-"Speaking of boyfriends..."

-"we were?"

-"there's Pete over there" said Kate pointing across the street, than her expression changed to that of disgust as she noticed who was with him.

"and he's talking with that boyfriend stealer Ann!"

-"so?" asked Stacey.

-"come on!" said Kate and she took her friend's hand and dragged a reluctant Stacey behind her.

Pete noticed them approaching.

-"hey guys"

-"hi, Pete" said Kate with a gorgeous smile and she gave Ann a murderous look. Ann just smiled at her sarcastically.

-"so, you're going to Eric's party?" Kate asked Pete.

-"definitely. Wouldn't miss it. He always throws wild ones when his parents are away."

-"So how about you, Stacey, Dany and I carpool there?"

-"um, actually I'm picking Ann up and we're going together." Said a flustered Pete.

-"What?!" overreacted Kate.

"I thought you were gonna ask Stacey?"

-"but he didn't, did he?" answered Ann sardonically.

-"That's none of your business!" shot Kate back at her.

-"uh, guys?" tried to interfere Stacey.

-"I think YOU should mind your own business! He's grown enough to ask whomever he wants!" said Ann.

-"Who's talking about asking?! I bet you talked him into it!" Replied Kate angrily.

-"can I say something?" attempted Stacey, but they ignored her again.

-"How can you do that to Stacey?" Kate scolded Pete, who looked like he really wished he could disappear right there and then.

"I'm fed up with you taking her for granted!"

-"Guys!!" shouted Stacey.

They all stopped and looked at her.

Stacey gave them a sweet smile and said to Kate:

-"I told you before, I don't care" then she turned to Pete,

"Pete, you can ask whomever you want, really. I'm actually planning on going alone. And Ann?"

Finally she turned to Ann who looked at her inquisitively preparing herself to retort back at the usual verbal attack she knew was coming.

-" nice shirt." Said Stacey completely stunning her, and for once Ann found herself out of words as she dumbfoundedly looked at Stacey turn and leave.

-"But Stacey!" said Kate as she went after her.

-"well.." said Pete coming out of his stupor and he smiled at Ann,

"so what time should I pick you up?"

But Ann wasn't paying attention to him as the wheels in her head were turning. 'what is up with Stacey?' she thought.

-"Ann!"

-"what?"

-"what time do I pick you up Saturday?" asked Pete again.

-"um, actually Pete. I've changed my mind. I'm not going with you."

-"What? But.." asked a stunned Pete.

-"I think you should ask Stacey" offered Ann.

-"But you heard her"

-"come on, I'm sure she'll say yes if you ask her. She always does. And she has no choice, the party is after tomorrow and I:m sure she doesn:t really want to go alone."

-"yeah, but?"

-"Than that's settled. Bye!"and Ann left leaving behind her a very confused Pete.

I know exactly what Stacey's doing thought Ann, she may have taken me off guard for a second back there, but I'm on to her. She's feigning indifference in order to intrigue her precious Pete. As soon as he asks her she'll say yes and then I'll convince him to go with me instead. He'll easily accept, poor thing is like putty in my hands, don't really see what she sees in him. Conclusion, she'll be heartbroken yet again (as Ann has already played this trick before on her, Stacey is so predictable) and I score another point against these stupid Glendale High girls.

Ann smiled mischievously as she formulated her plan in her head. She remembered when she first moved here to this godforsaken town of Glendale Falls a year ago how the girls here quickly shunned her and were quick to judge her and stupid unfounded rumours started circulating about her around town.

They immediately felt threatened by her. Who can blame them? Ann was breathtaking. She had a body to die for. Long luscious red fiery hair, Green mesmerising eyes, a very cute freckled face and a smile that made it impossible to say no to her.

And her parents were wealthy. She was also very smart. She loved to write poetry and was a caring passionate person. But the girls at Glendale didn't give her the chance to show her true self. So she gave them what they wanted and expected.

She wore more daring and suggestive outfits (completely different from her usual attire of jeans and plain but cute shirts and tops) to spite them and turn the boys. attention to her. Which always seemed to really piss off the other girls.