Part 5

That night, Ann couldn't sleep. She was too agitated. She kept thinking of the events of that day. What does all of this mean? Was she still only just trying to annoy Stacey? But deep down she felt that it had somehow gone beyond that. It could have all ended at the party, but it didn't. It had turned into a provoking game that Ann found she was enjoying. Stacey's kisses were doing strange things to her. She couldn't understand why. She had kissed a lot of guys before, some she had really liked, but even the steamiest kiss she had shared with them didn't amount to a thing compared to a light touch from Stacey's lips. She wondered if Stacey was feeling the same way or if she was just fighting fire with fire. She replayed Stacey's reactions and expressions in her head, trying to figure it out but it got her even more confused

Tomorrow, tomorrow night her school's basketball team was playing against Stacey's at Glendale High. Of course Stacey was going to be there and she would see what will happen then.

At the game, Stacey couldn't concentrate. She found herself constantly scanning the crowd of students looking, searching.

-"hey stace!" Kate, who was sitting next to her, waved her hand in front of her face.

-"what?"

-"are you looking for someone?" asked Kate.

-"n-no, just checking out who showed up."

-"I'll tell who I'm glad didn't show up. Ann. Just typical of her not to come and support her team."

-"y-yeah."

-"oh no, spoken too soon." Kate added frowning towards a few seats down.

Stacey looked at where Kate was looking and just saw a bunch of guys hovering over something. When one of them moved she saw Ann standing in the middle of them. She had on a very short skirt and a tight top that showed off some cleavage. The boys were lavishing her with their attention and she was smiling at them. Stacey suddenly felt anger build up inside of her. She was annoyed with the whole scene playing in front of her. She saw Ann look up at her but Stacey just turned her head angrily to the game. She felt agitated and couldn't stay still.

-"I'm going to the bathroom."

-"you want me to come with you?" asked Kate.

-"no, I'll be back in a minute." And she headed off to the girls� toilet.

When Ann had walked into the gym she quickly scanned the crowd and spotted Stacey on the top rows sitting with Kate. She started off towards her to get a bit closer but was quickly accosted by a bunch of boys. They started with their usual compliments and undivided attention. Ann just smiled at them trying to hide her frustration as they were blocking her path. She looked back up at Stacey and saw her staring at her with an unmistakable angry look on her face before she abruptly turned her attention back to the game. Ann was confused. Sure she wasn't expecting a heartfelt greeting, but she also didn't expect such a cold one. Then she saw Stacey stand up and walk alone towards an exit door. Ann firmly excused herself from the boys and headed after her. she saw her entering the girl's toilets at the end of the hall and Ann quickened her pace. When she walked in she saw Stacey in the empty bathroom, standing at the sink a paper towel over her face. Apparently she had just washed her face. Stacey looked up and saw Ann.

-"hi" said Ann

-"hi" replied Stacey coldly as she turned around to the mirror and placed the loose hairs behind her ears.

-"um, listen. I think we.." started Ann but Stacey interrupted her.

-"I forgot to bring your shirt with me tonight, but I'll give it back to you soon."