Part 2

Ann waited till late in the evening and called Pete.

-"h-hi Ann" stammered Pete.

-"hey, look I changed my mind and I want you to take me to Eric's party." Ann got right to the point.

-"really? Sure!" answered Pete enthusiastically.

-"I guess you'll have to call Stacey and break it off with her."

-"no, I don't have to"

-"don"t tell me you haven:t asked her yet?"

-"I did but she still said no, she prefers to go alone."

Ann was stunned.

-"so, what time I pick you up?"

-"huh?"

-"for the party Saturday."

-"um, actually you know what Pete, I'm gonna go alone too. Bye."

-"What!? But you just.."

And Ann hung up on a more confused than ever Pete.

'What is Stacey playing at?' thought Ann.

That was not the reaction she was expecting from her. Ann dwelled in the fact that she can easily irritate these foolish predictable girls. She especially liked to bother Stacey, because when she first moved here Stacey had actually approached her and was very friendly with her. Ann had instantly liked her. But Stacey's behaviour towards her changed and she started ignoring her when the other girls started taunting her. Stacey was acting out of character and Ann wanted to know why, but she had to wait till Saturday because she didn't attend the same high school as Stacey. She was going to get a reaction out of Stacey or her name wasn't Angelica Roberts.

Saturday at Eric's party, Stacey was bored as hell. Not that she didn't get any attention; by far she was tired of turning down dancing invitations. She found a quiet corner and stood there, drink in hand waiting for the opportune moment to leave.

Stacey was tall with a well toned and stunning athletic body. Her straight blonde hair circled a beautiful baby face. She had fascinating blue eyes that seemed to sparkle whenever she smiled her killer smile. But tonight she wasn't smiling at all. Kate and her other friends where desperately trying to cheer her up to no avail. That's why she found this corner and got lost in her thoughts. She had changed.

Her friends saw it and she knew it too. Ever since she came back from spending those 2 weeks at her sister's, who lived and worked in New York, she was feeling unhappy, like a big void inside her. She didn't know exactly why. Maybe it was because she saw how trivial and unfulfilling her life was compared to her sister's, who had moved from home following her dreams. Everything seemed changed to her.

She finally realised that she wasn't even a bit interested in Pete anymore, and that she had actually lost interest many years ago. But she didn't find any other boy she even remotely liked so she kept going out with Pete whenever he offered even after he stood her up more than a few times, just for the pretence of dating in front of her friends.

But now she just didn't care anymore. She was about to leave her spot and leave the party when Kate and 2 others of her friends approached her with angry expressions.

-"look who showed up and look at what she's wearing!"

Bellowed Kate.

Stacey looked over to where her best friend pointed and saw Ann. She was wearing a short tight dress that clung and hid nothing of her luscious curves. Stacey saw Ann looking over at them and for a second thought that Ann had looked directly at her and gave her a malicious smile before turning around. Then Ann proceeded to flirt openly with the boys at the party who had instantly flocked to her as soon as she arrived and ignoring their dates. The girls started bad mouthing her and throwing her murderous looks. Stacey sighed in annoyance, not at Ann, but at the absurd and silly situation in all and just stood there absent mindedly listening to her friends yet again rampage about Ann. 'haven't they gotten used to Ann's old antiques by now' she thought.