Monday Addams

- Tyler's POV at the Weathervane -

The bell rung as Wednesday came in, and I laughed to myself as she turned around looking confused.

"Are you okay? I've never seen you look lost." I joked

She shot me a cold glare as she walked to the counter and persisted "I was with my cousin. And now I've lost her." as she glanced out of the window.

"Cousin? Is she by any chance as horrible as you are?" I suggested before the bell rang as the door opened again.

Holy shit.

My eyes couldn't disconnect from her face, her features perfectly complimenting eachother as her deep brown eyes glimmered at the sight of Wednesday. Her plump lips, as a shade of natural dark red, slightly parted into the most entrancing smile I'd ever seen. Her presence itself seemed like a blessing, and my eyes wandered down her perfect figure before being snapped to reality by Wednesday.

"It's rude to stare, Tyler" Wednesday remarked with no efforts to lower her voice as the perfect girl made her way over.

"Hey it's freezing outside."

She turned towards me.

"Do you do hot chocolate?" She requested, her deep eyes sending chills throughout my body, I almost forgot to respond.

"Oh yeah, of course. You're an Addams? I didn't think it was possible to see an Addams who doesn't surround themselves with darkness." I admitted while working behind the counter.

"Monday is different. Something must have been messed up with the family genetics when we discovered she had shamefully high levels of empathy. But nether the less she remains my favourite relative." Wednesday flatly stated while guiding the newly introduced 'Monday' to a nearby seating booth.

"Thanks Wednesday" Monday scoffed. I headed over to the booth, sitting myself next to Wednesday and opposite Monday as I placed the hot chocolate in front of her. Her eyes thanked me and a feeling of desire burned inside.

"Over the past month since I arrived there have been mysterious murders. Not any normal murders, but violent, inhumanely ones. 3 people have lost their lives due to asphyxiation, yet there are no marks around their necks. The only physical evidence of harm is that on each person a word was carved upon their backs." Wednesday informed Monday, beginning to lay down evidential photos on the table.

"Fire Will... Rain?" Monday pieced together, a look of confusion overcoming her face.

"I fear these murders have been done for no motive. Just for the thrill. Every murder so far has been on a Saturday, so we need to be extra aware tonight. I have been working with Tyler and his dad, the Sheriff, but apart from that you are the first to know." Wednesday continued.

"And what makes you think you can trust Tyler?" Monday quietly suggested, staring innocently at me through her long, thick lashes.

The feeling of guilt slowly began to rise throughout my body, my mind carelessly reminding me of the blood I had drawn. But the guilt began to fade as a horrible part of me felt satisfied from my violence. I didn't know what led me to commit such horrible acts, but I liked it. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"I guess I just have a trust worthy face." I shrugged, disguising my thoughts.

Monday broke out into a smile. "I was just throwing false accusations, but I suppose you do have a trust worthy face."

Wednesday glared around with a look of annoyance on her face, "You can share your interests with each other later. We have bigger matters at hand. Due to my attempt of escaping last week Principal Weems has set me a curfew, regardless of it being a Saturday today. I need you two to watch the woods tonight, see if anything seems out of place. Tyler meet Monday outside of the nevermore gates at 10pm. Don't die, you are still a liability to me." And with that, she grabbed Mondays arm and left.

- Ophelia Hall dorm, 10pm. Mondays POV -

"Shit I'm going to be late!" I checked my outfit one last time, black cargos with knives in each pocket, my favourite white skin-tight laced vest with my oversized black hoodie. I'd slicked my long, straight hair back into a high-ish ponytail to avoid it getting in my way incase we saw whoever, or whatever, was causing these murders. I slightly regretted wearing hooped earrings but my thought of train was interrupted by Wednesday.

"He's here." She stated, putting down her mini-telescope as she looked over the balcony. I climbed outside.

"To be honest I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about a curfew myself." I said while working out how to get from this third story roof balcony to the ground unnoticed.

"Oh about that, I lied. The curfew is for everyone and breaking it risks expulsion. I've already had my first strike so cannot risk it. You won't get caught though. Thing and I will ensure that."

"Expulsion?!" I yell-whispered "I've been here not even a day and now it's all on the line?!"

"You won't get caught. That is a promise." and with that she closed the window.

I made my way easily down the side of the exterior of the building, the sloped roofs proving to be very useful to me. I guided myself to where Wednesday stated the whereabouts of the hole in the gate to be and slid through it.

"Boo"

The small whisper in my ear scared the shit out of me, and my fight or flight instincts kicked in as I reached for the dagger in my left pocket and forced it against the throat of the figure behind me.

"Fuck, Monday it's me. Mind putting the knife down?" Tyler chuckled to himself.

"You asshole!" I replied, pushing him but miserably failing to even budge him. I was surprised he handled the knife to his throat so well, considering that it was centimeters away from killing him.

"You know, you should really be nicer to me, considering you accused me of being the killer." he said as I waved around my torch towards the entry of the woods.

"I was clearrrrly joking. You look too kind to do anything like that." I retaliated, my stomach beginning to get an odd feeling of butterflies.

He scoffed. "You don't know me at all-"

"Oh I think I do." I interrupted, turning to face him. "Where the fuck are we?"

"The woods. Alone." As he spoke, my torch flashed twice and died. "And in completely pitch black."

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk while hitting the torch for light "Thanks for that, but I am a bit concerned. Where the fu-"

Tyler suddenly grabbed my waist, pulling me back towards him as he covered my mouth with his hand. In the silence I heard a murmur, and meters in front of us was a rustling. Was it weird that I found that attractive even though we where possibly about to die? Yes. After a few seconds, the rustling stopped.

Tyler slowly took his hand off my mouth as he murmured into my ear "Are you okay?"

I nodded as I gently took Tyler's other hand from off my waist and began to move closer to where the noise was.

"Right, sorry." he flustered, clearly embarrassed. it was cute.

"It was a fox, I think." I began to tell Tyler, but when I turned around he was nowhere to be seen.

Shit.

"Ty-" I began, but my voice appeared to have vanished.

I clutched my throat in concern and my eyelids suddenly felt heavy. Darkness overtook my sight and my mind, I couldn't even make out the shape of the trees ahead of me. I knew exactly what this was. Darkness manipulation.

My parents warned me of it from an early age, but warned me about it as nothing but a myth. Being a victim of the powers was something I could only ever have nightmares about. My thoughts began to merge and began to tear each other apart, my head pounding as it tried to fight the wave of tiredness that overcame me, but I couldn't resist any longer.

I let the darkness overtake me.