Remorse

- Tyler's POV -

A feeling of remorse overcame me as I re-lived the moment where I let the darkness in me spread over her mind, and that remorse rapidly grew as I remembered small flashes of my latest victim. A cyclist, I believe. He was lost, walking through the bushes which Monday went over to investigate. That was when I seized the chance. Monday couldn't have witnessed what I was about to do, so I let the darkness inside of me crawl inside of her. I killed the man. I know because I remember his screams of pain satisfying my ears, his beg for mercy making me feel powerful than ever. I hate to admit it, but whatever evil inside of me brings me to do this, I live for it.

"w-where am I?" Monday groaned, rubbing her eyes as she sat herself up on my bed. Her eyes widened as she realized her unfamiliarity within the place, suddenly appearing very alert and fairly scared.

"hey, hey it's okay." I comforted her, letting myself forget what I'd done. "you've just been out for an hour or two. Wednesday said it would be best for me to take you to mine if anything ever happened."

Monday crossed her legs as she hugged one of my pillows. "what even happened? all I remember is walking towards the bushes... then darkness."

"I think you just fainted, maybe you aren't used to staying up late?" I lied

"bullshit! night is the best part of the day, there's no way you are accusing me of being an early-sleeper." Monday audibly gasped, exaggerating playfully.

"there's nothing wrong with being an early-sleeper, it's okay to admit it Monday." I teased her, beginning to exit my room as she threw the pillow at me hardly. I turned around slowly, leaning against the door frame as she began to speak.

"you owe me a glass of cold water." she demanded, crossing her arms in a manner which made her look adorable. I smiled to myself as I walked down the stairs, giving a delayed response of

"anything for you, M." I read somewhere a while ago that giving someone a nickname makes them feel familiar with you. I desperately wanted, not even wanted, needed Monday to feel close to me. While getting the ice tray, my phone rang. It was my dad.

"Tyler are you home?"

"good evening dad, nice to talk to you too." I continued the conversation while walking back upstairs

"Tyler quit playing around. Are you home?"

"oh yeah today was great, thanks for ask-"

"TYLER."  I heard him sigh with frustration. "Another body has been found. I need to know you're safe." 

I gave Monday the glass as a concerned look spread upon her face. She must have been listening. She sat up on her knees on the bed to be level to my phone.

"Yeah, yeah I'm safe."

"ask where the body is!" Monday whispered to me, her sense of urgency somehow making me feel even more devoted to satisfying her.

"where was the body this time?" I asked, wondering to myself how they found it so shortly after I'd hid it.

"son you know I can't tell you that. well, yet at least. the monster must still be close, as the reports of screams where noted from 40 minutes ago. lock your doors." and with that he hung up.

"if I hadn't passed out.. they could still be alive right now." Monday sighed, burying her face into her palms in despair.

Seeing her in misery broke my heart. I sat on the bed beside her, taking her hands away from her face.

"You couldn't help it. Don't blame yourself for something which isn't your fault. The important thing is that we are alive." I comforted her, realizing that I had been holding her hands in mine.