3

"I don't know Niklaus you seem to always go for the Renoir, I'm feeling less traditional today, I believe I'll choose the Picasso" Elijah said while sipping his champagne. The two brothers moved from painting to painting in the grand art museum in Paris.

As the two were talking, Bonnie and Rebekah joined them also staring at the paintings. "I'm quit bored of this. I just wanted to dress up and flirt with rich men" Rebekah said rolling her eyes at all the weird sculptures. Klaus made a disgruntled face at Rebekah never understanding why his baby sister couldn't share her brother's taste in fine art. Klaus walked over to Bonnie placing his free arm around her waist and giving her a light squeeze. "What of you my love? Are you also bored and only came to flirt with rich men" Klaus said playfully.

Bonnie smiled, "actually I've just seen a Monet that was quit enchanting" Bonnie said. She really did enjoy the artwork, while she wasn't as well versed as Klaus or Elijah she did enjoy it. Klaus and Rebekah both gave heavy sighs, "why Bonnie did you mention Monet" Rebekah said. Bonnie furrowed her brows, as Elijah came to stand beside her shaking his head at her. "Bonnie, do not get me started on the inaccurate facts and over exaggerated self- descriptions of Claud Monet. He is...as your generation would say...whack." The 3 of them laughed at Elijah as he began his long tale of his encounters with the artist Monet.

Later on as Bonnie and Klaus are in a car on the way back to their new apartment in Paris, Bonnie snuggles close to Klaus as she watches the city lights zoom past her. After all the places they'd visited over the years, Paris was always her favorite. She was happy to be back in the city even if the circumstances were not so great.

Klaus pulls his phone out his pocket quickly reading the text from Elijah. "Elijah says its handled, the art curator had the blade, and its authentic" Klaus said while pushing a strand of hair out of Bonnie's face. Bonnie nodded. "Good. That's all I'll need for the ceremony."

"You don't have to do this you know" Klaus said quietly. No matter how many times she had answered the called, Klaus still worried for her. Bonnie placed her hand on his face, "this isn't just for me, it's for everyone" Klaus closed his eyes and leaned into her touch, it always soothed him.

Bonnie felt her phone vibrate, she saw the text from Caroline and read it twice to make sure it was correct. Klaus not even needing to see her face or hear her thoughts sensed her distress, the tightening in her chest. Bonnie collapsed against Klaus who circled his arm around her waist holding her close placing his chin against her hair

"Tyler died" she whispered

After 3 days they finally trapped her. She'd avoided phone calls and texts and had even done a good job sitting far away from Elena in their psychology class, but outside the social science building, Caroline and Elena were waiting. Before Bonnie could protest the two girls had a tight grip on both her arms and they led her to the back of Elena's car. Onlookers would think they were just 3 besties walking arm in arm, not two vampires kidnapping a witch with the purpose of extracting information from her.

Bonnie realizes, as Caroline pushes her into the back seat and sits beside her, and Elena gets in the driver's seat, that she didn't have to go peacefully, she could've resisted, put up some type of fight, but she knows this conversation is inevitable and she might as well have it now rather than later.

They drive to the abandoned drive in movie theatre that sits on the edge of town, parking in the abandoned field. It's their favorite spot to come think in peace, and to get away from the chaos that comes with being a resident of Mystic Falls.

Caroline hands Bonnie a packet of watermelon twizzlers, her absolute favorite snack, and gives her a hard look "start talking" she says, leaving no room for argument. "Isn't it weird that it's Thursday, but totally feels like Friday" Bonnie muses in a nonchalant voice as she stares out the window trying to avoid her best friends' gazes. "Bonnie, are you serious, what the hell is going on with you and Klaus?" Caroline all but screams. Elena always trained to play good cop comes in with a softer approach "Bonnie, we're worried, please talk to us" she says looking back at her eyes imploring.