8

Bonnie hits the alarm on her phone and stretches in bed. She nudges Klaus to wake as well. He huffs and digs himself deeper under the covers. Bonnie rolls her eyes. It is the twins second week of first grade and she is trying to establish a steady schedule for the house, to make sure everyone gets dressed and ready to leave on time.

Bonnie gets up and heads to the twins' room, to wake them. In the distance, she hears Klaus get into the shower.

Bonnie walks into the twins' room pulling the curtains back, causing them both to groan. "Rise and shine, my little darlings" Bonnie playfully sings. Nikki is the first to rise and head to the bathroom, Mellie is always more difficult. Bonnie walks towards Mellie's bed. "Mellie, it's time to get ready for school" Bonnie pulls her little pink comforter back. Just like her father she groans and digs herself deeper in the bed.

Bonnie takes her shoulders, giving them a little shake. "Up young lady" Bonnie says more sternly. Mellie groans and sits up rubbing her eyes.

Bonnie makes her way back to her bedroom to get ready for work.

Soon after all the chaos of showers, teeth brushing, and forcing Mellie to wear her uniform tights, they have made it down for breakfast. The housekeeper sits fruit, bagels, and juice on the table for the little family.

Mellie and Nikki argue over pouring the juice, while Bonnie looks over her lesson plan for the day, and Klaus casually reads the paper. They are the picture of a perfect family.

The kids are loaded into the car, Bonnie kisses them both goodbye, and laughs at Klaus' jealous pout and she kisses him goodbye as well. It is Klaus' week to drive the kids to school, and he already dreads it as he watches Bonnie pull out of their garage and drive to work. This is only his third day and the thought of doing this for the next decade until the twins can drive themselves terrifies him.

First it is the ridiculous playlist that he's forced to listen to in order to keep them quiet. Some annoying singing children have been forced to take regular songs and make it PG for kids. Klaus is not a fan, but he tolerates it because it keeps the twins quiet and entertained on the short drive to school. Then it is the dreadful car lanes. Teachers stand in the middle of the roads wearing safety vests telling parents when and where to bring their car and drop off their children. Then there is the small talk that he must now engage in, the teachers want to speak with him, about trivial things 'sign up to volunteer with field day...donate some snacks for the school play...chaperone this field trip...and that school dance.'

While Klaus had believed himself to be getting the rhythm of fatherhood, nothing could have prepared him for elementary school.

As Klaus' car is next to be pulled up front for drop off, he notices the twins' homeroom teacher, Mrs. Duffy, walking towards his car. She is a tall full figured older British woman, with her long black hair pulled tightly into a bun. She is notoriously known as being the governess for some of the now older royal members of European monarchies. She's walking towards Klaus' car with determination and Klaus spies a look through his mirror at the twins. His eyes going back and forth saying 'who did it?' He hates it, but he gives Mellie a harder look, than Nikki. Unfortunately, she's taken after some of his bad traits for stubbornness, and having a bit of a smart mouth, and a temper even at her young age.

Looking back and forth, Nikki keeps glancing from his father to Mellie, silently snitching. Mellie realizes it and hits him on the shoulder. "For goodness sake Mellie, it's only the second week, you've only just moved to 1st grade", Klaus says frustrated. Mellie opens her mouth to defend herself but Klaus holds a hand up silencing her as Ms. Duffy reaches Klaus' window. "Good day Mr. Mikealson, I was wondering if we might have a chat in my office this morning, Miss Mikaelson needs to come along as well" she gave Mellie a pointed look in the back seat. "Certainly, Mrs. Duffy" Klaus says. 'Of course on the week Bonnie isn't driving" Klaus thinks as he pulls into a parking spot. He hugs Nikki goodbye as he joins the other students for class and he takes Mellie's hand. "Daddy, it wasn't my –" "Not right now Mellie" Klaus says cutting her off. As they walk into school he shoots Bonnie a quick text.