6

Klaus, Elijah, and Bonnie travel to the house located on the outskirts of the city. "We should take the kids ice skating tonight. It is still their winter break vacation" Bonnie says quietly. "I can reserve the rink and we can have a private dinner and skate for as long as we want" Elijah says from the driver's seat.

They had planned the trip right after their new apartment was renovated, it was coincidence that while planning the trip Elijah received the call and passed it to Bonnie, imploring her about the potential opportunity for the family. Bonnie agreed because the family would be in Paris anyway, and Elijah had never asked Bonnie for an actual favor before, and she knew that if she had said no, Elijah would have accepted it and not held it against her. But Elijah knew as well as Bonnie, in her quest for knowledge of magic, a mysterious curse was definitely worth the research.

Bonnie looks out the window and watches as the directions lead them through a green forest and Bonnie thinks they will have to ride through a dirt road but suddenly through the trees and up a hill a huge brick mansion reveals itself. When the car pulls into an expansive driveway, they immediately see two large men all dressed in black waiting at the front door steps to greet them. Klaus tries to hold in his growl as he steps out of the car, and one of the men are already assisting Bonnie out of the car.

The man who takes Bonnie's hand immediately drops it, as Bonnie is still getting herself out of the car, and carrying her bag with all her supplies with her. He immediately senses her to be the mate of an Alpha and does not want the drama that comes with touching an Alpha's mate. Bonnie gives the man an annoyed look but continues out of the car with Klaus' assistance.

The three Mikaelson's follow the two men inside the enormous mansion. They are greeted by curious stares from women, men, and children. Elijah and Klaus' presence feels intimidating, not used to having vampires inside their sacred home.

People quietly stare as the two intimidating men are led through the halls and upstairs, then their eyes dart to the petite woman who walks beside them. "The Healer" one woman whispers to another.

After leaving Mystic Falls Bonnie had traveled with Klaus, then she had attended graduate school in New York and then going on to earn her doctorate. She began teaching English Literature at a college in New York.

During her academic studies, Bonnie also continued her witchcraft studies. She began to really enjoy potion and tonic making. Klaus had been able to introduce her to some powerful and high society witches and they all seemed to admire her potions and tonics for their healing ability. Bonnie was born to care and love people so of course her magic was at its strongest when she was doing just that.

She began to have a reputation in the supernatural community as a powerful healer and her help began to be sought by many supernatural sometimes even humans all over the world. Bonnie was able to combine her love of research and problem solving to aid misfortunate cursed souls. Also because her last name was Mikealson, Bonnie began to spread a lot of goodwill from the damage that the original family had done in the past. How horrible could a family be, when a beautiful nurturing healer had married one of them.

Now Bonnie found herself in Paris, planning to break a curse that up until a week ago she had never seen or heard of, this was supposed to be the family's winter break vacation, but Bonnie's assistance with this curse would bring about a lot of benefits for the family. While Klaus had encouraged her witchcraft he always emphasized that it should only be used for her benefit. Klaus didn't care about enemies, and Elijah was more than willing to fight for the family's honor.

But Bonnie had found a passion and she was just doing what she loved, and the consequences of that just happened to be helping the Mikaelson family. Whenever a supernatural would come seeking her help, Klaus would always tell her she didn't have to help, he never wanted her to feel used, or like she needed to put herself in dangerous situations, like a couple of former friends in Mystic Falls did. Because Bonnie knew that, she felt free to go and help people, with the knowledge that Klaus would always be there to protect her.