Don't worry,I'm here and I've got you.

[ au where gps is back somehow (they were rebuilt or something) ]

[ they/them for gps and he/xe for tophat ] 

[ tophat has a pretty bad nightmare about what happened at the mansion,thankfully gps is there. ]

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tophat woke up.

The dream itself was already becoming vague but the memory it was based off was vivid in his mind by now.

It was as if all the guilt and grief xe felt back then was all flooding back and it hurt,mentally at least,he wanted to curl up in a ball and sob if xey were being honest.

But GPS was right next to xem and honestly he couldn't tell if GPS was asleep or just relaxing,maybe just crying in the bathroom would be his best option right now,just like before but also not,the thought hurt,it hurt remembering.

Though Tophat was already crying and there was now probably no way of getting there with his tear blurred vision.

Honestly Tophat started spacing out,the tears flowing down xey're face as thoughts ran through his head.

After a few minutes Tophats thoughts were cut off by a voice.

"TOPPER!" Oh. It was just GPS,at least xe hopes it is,it was hard to see with all the tears in his eyes.

"Wh- GP..?" Tophat muttered,voice cracking.

"Oh thank goodness- i was worried.. you just sat there crying for like five minutes.." GPS said,their bitcrushed voice was weirdly comforting to Tophat.

"Oh.. Sorry,GP-" Tophat mumbled.

"Its alright,I'm just worried is all." GPS said,wiping Tophats tears,giving them a soft smile.

"I just.. had a nightmare about what happened um- at the mansion." Tophat explained,tearing up a slight bit again.

GPS gave xem a sympathetic look,giving xem a tight hug.

"I'm sorry,love.." GPS said,sighing.

"Its alright.." Tophat muttered,voice cracking again as xe cried a bit more.

"You can cry if you need to okay?" GPS said,gently rubbing the others back.

Tophat cried for a at least 10 minutes,sobs escaping xem here and there.

GPS just held xem,giving comfort. "Its okay.. I'm here.. i love you." they said softly.

Tophat eventually stopped,now only sniffling quietly.

"You.. wanna go back to sleep?" GPS asked, pulling away from Tophat for a moment.

"Yeah.. i think so." Tophat said,breathing for a moment.

"Alright,I'll be right here,okay?" GPS said,hugging Tophat again and laying back down.

"Thanks,GP." 

"No problem,Topper."

~~~~~~~~~

[ yeah this was probably a very ooc and self-indulgent fic written by a tophat fictionkin,,, ]