Chapter 1: Restart

Ryder POV

God, why. You first don't give me an ability, you then take away any chance I had for a social life, then you take away my parents, now... now you take away my world. God, all I have to say is.... 'fuck you'.

I think this as I am currently bleeding out and dying after a void being stabbed me, but I guess even void monsters don't want 'unabled' not surprised after all.... we are treated like bottom feeders and trash.  I try to pull myself up to no avail, my vision is failing and my body is starting to feel really cold.  Realizing my imminent doom I start to cry and just shout.

Ryder: "FUCK. WHY ME? WHY ME OF ALL PEOPLE? WHAT THE HELL DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE THIS? I SWEAR LIKE FUCKING 'CLOCKWORK' I KEEP GETTING FUCKED OVER, WHY CAN'T IT JUST 'STOP', I JUST WANT TO 'REWIND' AND LIVE A GOOD LIFE."

While I am yelling I start to feel something.  Something I didn't fully understand, but somehow also did?  I look up and see that as if time itself has stopped, and a large bright yellow clock hovering over me, and I can tell, this... this was my ability, then a voice within my head spoke.

???: "Ability released after saying the proper set of words

???: "Ability released after saying the proper set of words. Ability: Clockwork / Chronology.  You have chosen 'Rewind' at what point would you like to 'rewind'? "

The voice seemed calm almost robotic. I chuckle at this and think to myself.

With this maybe, I can change this!  Fuck you god, fuck you Aurelion Sol, and most importantly fuck the void. Alright, if my power is 'Chronology' and I can rewind like the voice said, then this should work.

I raise my hand to the clock and yell at the top of my lungs.

Ryder: "REWIND, REWIND TO THE TIME WHEN MY ABILITY SHOULD HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED! THAT FATEFUL FUCKING DAY.  JUNE 23RD, YEAR 2153!"

With that I notice the clock starts to tick.... backwards. I feel time itself moving in reverse and I start to fade out.  With that everything goes black.

???: "Ry get up champ or you won't make it to the assembly."

That voice is one I have forgotten due to the time it has been since I've actually heard it. That voice was my father's, he died a long time ago, so that means.... IT WORKED! IT FUCKING WORKED! 

I snap my eyes open and sit up quickly and look at my father. His patchy beard, his grey hairs, and kinda fit frame.  I start to tear up at this, one of two people who actually ever cared about me even after I was labeled as 'unabled'.  The other unsurprisingly is my mother, but regardless, I shoot out of bed and hug him which seems to startle him. 

Dad: "Ry you ok?"

Ryder: "Yeah sorry, I'll be ready in 10."

Dad pats my head and smiles.  He starts to walk away.

Dad: "Alright champ, I'll be in the car.

I smile and start to get ready, today is the day, but first let's test something.  For most people you don't unlock your ability until your birthday and today was mine, I turned 10, the gateway to joining Kavler Academy, the main school where you learn all your fundamental skills and such.  Ironically though, the assembly day, where students abilities get ranked, and labeled, was on my birthday, June 23rd.  I raise my hand and speak.

Ryder: "Clockwork"

I am shocked to see that same clock appear in front of me.

Ryder: "ALRIGHT! I'M NOT UNABLED! Oh crap, I don't know if I can even use this though.... does this power even have any combat abilities?"

I clap myself in the face.

Ryder: "No time, I'll figure it out when I need to, for now, I need to get to the assembly."