Chapter 6: Long Time No See

Ryder POV

It has been about 3 hours since I have woken up and started to make my way back to civilization, I haven't had much luck due to a severe lack of signs and directions.  I have started to figure out how to use more of my abilities again. 

Man this sucks, I feel so stiff and sore from not moving for so long.

As I keep wandering down different roads I notice that a lot of the signs are pretty much reduced to nothing but scrap metal, all the paint gone.  I keep walking since its getting dark and I want to find civilization before I have to essentially go into wilderness survival.

How long has it been since I have seen another normal person? 3 Years?  That's the best guess I have thanks to Kha'Zix and the files I was able to find.

Before I could keep questioning where I was I noticed buildings in the distance, bright lights shining due to the darkening skies, and what sounds to be music?  One thing was for sure I knew exactly what city that was, Piltover, how long its been.  That made me wonder, what happened to mom and dad?  If I was gone for so long do they think I am dead?  Many questions went through my mind and I walked closer and closer to Piltover I noticed something, big banners saying "GRAND CONCERT, ALL OUT! K/DA! AT HEXTECH ARENA!"

K/DA huh? interesting name, wonder if they're popular...

I start walking around heading towards the loud sounds that I started to hear when I entered Piltover, and about a block away I noticed where most of the lights I saw earlier were coming from, and what "Hextech Arena" was.  Huge screen played b-roll of these beautiful women who seems kinda familiar.

The Diva, The Queen, The Dancer, and The Rouge here LIVE? What kind of -

Before I could even finish my thought a huge boom shook the ground and air.

Ryder: "Huh? What the?"

I quickly run towards the source of the noise to see a fire and destruction everywhere, some kind of explosive was set off and was causing people to run in many different directions.  Some kind of explosion occurred at the entrance of the arena.

Civilian 1: "RUN! VOIDLINGS!"

Civilian 2: "WHERE IS MY CHILD? SILVIE?"

Civilian 3: "PLEASE HELP!"

I just kept seeing people run and cry out, I look past the flames to see void creatures and a larger figure. I couldn't quite make out who it was, but I knew they were trouble.  I may not be in tiptop shape, but I should be able to fight.  No matter what I was still a Void Containment Specialist, and it was my job to protect the public.  I start to run towards the chaos as others run past me.

Ryder: "CLOCKWORK. TIME DIVIDE"

As those words left my mouth half of the voidlings disappeared.  Good, my powers still work as intended.

-/ Clockwork: Time Divide - Allows the user to temporarily split time causing "half" of whatever was targeted to be sent out of time. (For those who play Warframe, think Limbo) \-

Doing that got the attention of the rest of the voidlings, but the larger figure was already gone, probably going after the civilians still stuck inside.

Ryder: "Alright you freaks, get the hell out of my way. Clockwork. Clock Up"

I could feel my time accelerating allowing me to quickly smash through all of the voidlings, as I killed the last one, Time Divide ended.

Ryder: "Clockwork. Repeat."

-/ Clockwork: Repeat - Allows the user to cause time to repeat itself, so for the above example the new voidlings will have exactly what happened to the previous voidlings with same speed and power. \-

Watching all of the them crumble I quickly turned around and ran into the building using Clock Up searching for any civilians.

Ahri POV

Why is this happening? I start to hyperventilate as I see fire everywhere and keep hearing others screams.  At one moment we are performing for the public, showing them the new song "THE BADDEST" next thing I know I am getting pulled by Eve trying to avoid voidlings, fire, and falling debris.

Kai'Sa: "Is everyone okay? No serious injuries?"

Akali: "None here. Evelynn? Ahri?"

Evelynn: "None here Darling I am quite alright, but Ahri I need you to calm down."

Ahri: "Calm? CALM? Evelynn everything is going down and you want me to be CALM??"

I see Evelynn flinch at my words, but before I could continue my verbal lashings, I felt this strange sense of calm, the same calm I would feel when Ryder would put his hand on my shoulder telling me to breathe.  That makes me realize I am lashing out for no reason and Evelynn is just trying to defuse the situation.

Ahri: "Sorry, no serious injuries here, just some small scratches."

Kai'Sa: "Great lets move before -"

Before any more words could be said an explosion and a voice grabbed out attentions.

???: "I found you.  Now after I capture you four, the ritual can begin."

Kai'Sa and Akali quickly get infront of us trying to keep a brave face, but we could all feel it, the crushing energy this mystery man was letting out, he was someone we couldn't simply just fight and win.

Kai'Sa: "Evelynn you and Ahri run for it! Akali and I will try to hold him off as long as we can!"

Evelynn: "I cannot just leave you here!"

Kai'Sa quickly shook her head.

Kai'Sa: "This one has too much power, but it seems like they need all four of us, so if you two can get out it's worth it!"

Malzahar: "I am the void's prophet, Malzahar, do you TRULY BELIEVE YOU CAN STOP ME?"

As we watch him summon more voidlings and start to conjure a void energy bean, I close my eyes bracing for impact.

???: "Clockwork. Reload on Fire"

Quickly I hear many noises and suddenly a calm. I slowly open my eyes to see a face only a few feet away from mine I yearned to see for the past 3 years.

Ahri: "R-R-Ryder?"

Ryder: "The one and only RiRi, its been a while huh?"

TahDaaaaa! I'm alive, yeah yeah, before everyone starts layin into me for taking ALMOST A YEAR to update this, I was busy aight? This don't pay me and I need food to live, a place to exist in, internet, and for my PROFESSORS TO NOT GIVE ME 7 BILLION PROJECTS TO WORK ON, for some context I am a software engineering major so I busy slappin keyboards for other stuff.  But I finally remembered to come back to this and yanno do the funny update and shit, don't worry I didn't forget about the other stories either Ill update each one.  But until the next time (whenever THAT is) I will see yall later!

- Weebiest