one. wednesday's child is full of woe

one.

wednesday's child is full of woe

Viola Galpin was an excellent student. A pleasure to have in class. She had worked her ass off to make sure nobody knew how much of a screw-up she was. However, she was and would always be in the background of Tyler.

They had multiple arguments, Tyler and Viola. Yet, no matter how mad they got at each other, they knew the other always had their back. Probably why they thought having the same job was a good idea. Like Viola once said:

"I like to think we're close because we've already seen the worst of each other."

However, if someone saw the way they were arguing now, they would've never believed her.

"Man, I think your stupidness is infectious! How did you manage to break the machine without doing anything?"

"Why do you always blame things on me? You know this thing is in Italian!"

"Yeah, and who's fault was that?"

In the midst of their daily arguing, they didn't spot the abnormally pale girl with braided pigtails. Tyler and Viola only noticed when Tyler turned back around to fix the machine but got a scare from the strange girl instead.

"Holy crap! Do you make a habit out of scaring the hell out of people?"

"It's more of a hobby."

The abnormal girl spoke with a monotone voice and Viola grinned at the girl's sense of humor. However, her brother noticed something she didn't.

"You go to Nevermore. Didn't realize they changed the uniform."

"I need a quad over ice. It's an emergency."

Tyler looked at the machine and back at the girl.

"It's four shots of espresso."

"Yeah, I...I know what a quad is, but, spoiler alert, the espresso machine's having a seizure, so all we have is drip."

"But, drip is for people who hate themselves and know their lives have no real purpose or meaning."

All three of them stared at the guy getting drip and he stared back, looking like he was taking those words to heart. They turned back to what they were doing.

"What's wrong with your machine?"

"It's a temperamental beast with a mind of its own," Viola butted into their conversation, frustrated with her brother.

"And it doesn't help that someone ordered the instructions in Italian," she added, narrowing her eyes towards her brother.

However, the girl walked around the counter and snatched the book out of his hands, holding it up to her face so she could read.

"I need a tri-wing screwdriver and a four-millimeter Allen wrench."

"Wait, you read Italian?"

"Of course. It's the native tongue of Machiavelli."

Viola perked up at the name, "you know Niccolo Machiavelli?"

"Naturally. Nevertheless, the deal," she turned back to face Tyler.

"I'm going to fix your coffee machine, then you're going to make my coffee and call a taxi."

"Uh, no taxis in Jericho. Try Uber?"

"I don't have a phone. I refuse to be a slave to technology."

"Then, you're out of luck. Where are you going anyway?"