Chapter 8

Beyoncé's POV
Preschool
December 15

"Who's your best friend, Titan?" I asked my godson as we approached the entrance to the preschool.

"Mora and Jay." He chirped.

"Well who's your best friend, Mora?" Nicki asked her daughter.

"Umm...Nila and Titan." She responded.

Nicki and I were walking the kids to their preschool as we did yesterday. I purposely asked Kelly if I could take Titan just so I could talk to her again.

The day after I took her home from the strip, she told me not to come pick her up. She said she felt sick and didn't want to pass whatever it was on. So her car had been at the club for 2 days before she told me that she'd gotten it herself.

When I saw her yesterday, she seemed fine so I wasn't too alarmed. She was definitely keeping her distance though, she visibly stood a few feet away from me when we talked.

"Ok, I love you Mora. Have a good day, baby." Nicki pecked her daughter's head whilst waiting for me to say bye to Titan.

"Bye, kid. Make your godmother proud, I guess." I ruffled his hair.

"That's not how you send your child off to school." Nicki cackled at my interaction.

We watched the two kids run into their preschool, hand-in-hand. I watched Nicki coo at the cuteness before she averted her eyes to me. When she noticed that I was already watching her, she immediately looked down.

"Don't get shy on me now, Barbie."

She almost broke her neck, looking back at me. She squinted her eyes and crossed her arms before speaking.

"Don't call me that, BK." She mocked me and I chuckled.

"Touché."

We both started walking back towards the parking lot. When we reached her car, for the first time, she didn't get in her car straight away. She turned to face me instead.

"Thanks for picking me up the other day."

"No problem. Like I said, if you need my help text me and I'm there." I shrugged whilst admiring her.

Meek was grimey for having another family without her knowledge.

"My boyfriend would definitely not be up for another woman helping me, especially you." She sighed whilst leaning on her car. She winced for a second before standing back up straight, thinking I didn't notice.

"Your boyfriend would have a problem with a friend helping a friend?"

Friend was a stretch.

"Well, he barely likes my best friends and you're clearly a lesbian." She chuckled whilst subtly rubbing her arm. She must've felt like she was revealing too much because she stopped herself. "Sorry, why am I giving you this info?"

"What do you mean by clearly?." I furrowed my brows. She fought a cackle whilst watching me.

"Look at the way you act and the way you dress." She said, as if it was obvious. "Plus, you're clearly attracted to me."

I examined her facial expressions every time she talked and it looked like her face hurt. I was definitely over-analysing.

On another note, she reminded me a lot of Gianna when I first met her. She was reserved and kept to herself.

"Earth to Bey." She waved her hand in my face.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I shook my head.

"I was asking if you wanted to meet up later, before we picked up the kids." She skeptically spoke. "But like, only if you don't mind. It's just that I have some free time and-"