S E V E N

It didn't take long for Harley to catch the disappearance of the shop mechanic Lowell. Knowingly the man turned to his addiction after discovering his father was murdered by the club, buried among the enemy, the Mayans. Harley could hardly blame the man, finding out Clay was the cause. Like father, like son, Clay deeply worried that the man would rat to Hale about everything thats been swept underneath the table from the Sons. However, Clay held some compassion, choosing to not to repeat history. Sending Lowell to a proper rehabilitation building so he could overcome the addiction.

With the lack of hands Harley kept up in the shop, pulling the weight. The phone calls seemingly died off, to which she had been thankful for. Even the Sons didn't ask, not yet. Tig walked on eggshells with Harley, avoiding her if he could. Harley was doing the same, although she would sneak some glances his way but it stayed that way. She brought upon herself some much unwanted attention by her outburst, knowing Tig told the club about it. Choosing took keep her head down and focus on what was her ultimate goal at the moment. Let the heat cool from her for a bit.

Noon had rolled around, allowing her to take her lunch. She left in her car for the first time in a while, heading to a little diner in town. Harley waltzed in quietly taking a seat next to the window, ordering a coffee to sip on while she relaxed. Mixing in the small packets of sugar and creamer, the coffee was less than bitter. Just the way she enjoyed.

Her quiet relaxation time to herself had been short lived. The infamous rumble of a Harley had parked itself on the street beside her car. Blonde locks let loose from the helmet as Jax swung his leg over the bike. The man walked in spotting Harley away by herself in the corner. He smirked her way, strutting to the booth. Jax slid in the across the table from her, lazily resting his arms on the tabletop.

"Here by yourself? Doesn't seem like you Colt," Jax tilted his head slightly, watching the girl.

"Wanted the quiet, the clubhouse isn't the quietest," Bringing the mug to her lips, swallowing down the warm liquid.

"Whats been up with you?" Jutting his head in her direction.

"I've been fine Jax," She refused to look at him, he'd look right through her.

"You expect me to believe that shit?" He let out a sigh, leaning back in the booth. "I've known you since we're kids."

She opened her mouth to respond with a sarcastic answer, her phone that sat in the middle of the table began ringing. Her eyes flashed sharply to the phone then back up to Jax. Nearly hearing her own heartbeat in her ears as she made haste to silence it. Quietness fell between the two as they stared at each other. The phone lit up again the same caller, calling back. Harley declined the call, turning it off with shaky hands.

"Harley

"Harley. What's going on?" Jax's voice stayed calm, reaching a hand over to calm her hands. Worry was etched all over his face.

"Um—," She gulped, trying to gather her bearings again. "That's my manager. I didn't just take some time off from HD, I disappeared without a word to come back here. My manager is a piece of shit. He'd lay a few hands on me here and there, worse when I'd mouth off or I looked at another guy."