Sneak peak of The Forgotten Addams

Prologue: And So, It Begins (ten years ago)

Author's POV

I know what you're thinking, why would a girl, like Riley Addams, want to leave? She has everything a girl would need, loving parents, who only want what's best for her, two "well behaved" siblings, a butler, and so much more, so why would she leave? I have no idea, but the only thing I can say is, she does not belong, like at all, she's nothing like her family. "How so?" You may ask, well that's what this story is for, to tell you about the Forgotten Addams.
It was a cool crisp morning, Gomez Addams was the first one to wake up, he walked into the dining room, and came across a note.

Dearest family,
I feel like I don't belong here, I don't want to "devastate" anyone, but I think this is right for everyone, if I leave.
I feel like if I don't leave, I'll just burden you guys with my problems, and I do not want to be a burden.
Goodbye my family.
With eternal love, Riley Marilynn Addams.

Chapter one: Aftermath (still ten years ago)

Author's POV

He couldn't believe what he had just read! Riley Addams, just up and left, because she thought she'd be a burden on the family, and with her problems, what problems was she referring to? Wednesday walked downstairs, with her brother, Pugsley.
"What are you reading, father?" Wednesday asked, Gomez looked at his children, but he had no idea what to tell them. How could he tell them that their beloved older sister had left, and left a pretty cryptic note in her wake. Gomez stayed silent.
"Father?" Wednesday asked, "are you alright?" Pugsley looked at Wednesday.
"I think he's shocked about something Riley's done." He whispered to his sister.  
"Well, Riley has always been the troublemaker, right?" Wednesday asked, looking at her brother, Pugsley nodded. Gomez looked at his kids.
"Children, Riley ran away, she is in the mortal world now." Gomez told the two children, who were standing in front of him.
"What?!" Wednesday shrieked, "she was alright a week ago!"
"Wednesday, Dear, calm down." Gomez said, "your mother, is still asleep, and so is Fester." Wednesday stomped to her room, upset about the whole thing.
"At breakfast a few hours later, Grandmama came out with plates of every breakfast food imaginable.
"It's odd for Riley to be sleeping in, like she is." Grandmama stated, "is she here or not?" Gomez was silent, keeping the folded note in his pocket, buried deep, Fester perked up, once his favorite niece was mentioned.
"Yes, where is Riley?" Morticia asked, "she needs to taste this dreadful meal made by her dear Grandmama." Gomez was still silent. A hand in his pocket, this hand was Thing, the disembodied hand, it grabbed the note, and placed it on the table, sliding the paper to Morticia, and Fester, Wednesday, Pugsley, and Grandmama huddled in, to read along with Morticia, and Fester.
"She thinks she's a burden?" Morticia asked, "she's no burden, she's a blessing! Even if she thinks she's normal!" Fester looked away from the note.
"She's an Addams, she needs to be with us." He said, "we should go look for her."
"Send, our beloved disembodied hand, Thing, instead." Morticia said, "so we can stay and watch the children." Pubert fussed a bit, but Morticia calmed him down.
"Fester looked at Morticia, "she's the oldest child you have, Morticia." He said, "and...." He paused, lowering his voice, "my favorite niece." Morticia only nodded.
"Alright, I guess you and Gomez can look for Riley, in the afternoon." Morticia told Fester. This brought back memories of River Addams, who had been given the nickname Styx, as a child, Fester even forgot his daughter's real name was River, since he'd been calling her "Styx" so much. She ran away a few years earlier, for the same reason, not wanting to be a burden, on the family.

(Who wants to make a Wattpad story trailer for this story?! I'll watch it on YouTube, and comment on it if I absolutely love it)