~Three~

Before anyone knew what was happening, she struck. Several swings Tsubasa took, none of them even looked like they landed on the target. But they did. When she was satisfied she stopped. The girl put her sword back over her shoulder and went to sit right next to the creature. The grin was long gone and her voice went cold with mocking fear.

"What...... What just happened? ........This girl.... she....." Then she talked normally, but grimmly. "Listen and listen well." she started. A red hue shone is her magenta orbs. "You're gonna tell me everything you know about Muzan Kibutsuji. And you're gonna tell me now." If anyone thought the demon couldn't look more terrified, he certainly proved them wrong.

"I....can't" he breathed a shaky breath. "Yes you can. You will," Tsubasa said in a menacing tone. "You my friend will tell me whether you like it or not. Even if you don't talk I'll still find out somehow." "I can't! I can't! I can't! I can't!" the creature cried, trembling in its spot. The girl sighed, suddenly feeling bad for it.

She stood up and took one more glance at the thing before she turned away. "I guess I understand your pain," she started, "But you've caused people much more." Tsubasa bit her lip, as though regretting what she was to do. She said with a softness in her voice
"Goodbye."

And with that, as if it was patiently waiting for the command, the limbs of the demon fell off all at once. The head being the last, it shot up into the air and instantaneously evaporated into black smoke. The girl put her blade back in its place before she bowed, "Rest in peace" she whispered. 

*********************************************

 After the duo settled accounts with the man, they made their way back to their own little home. "So what did...." Tanjiro was once more cut off, "He was scared senseless just by the mere mention of the name. The little memory of him was....." Tsubasa shuddered "I-Interesting. But I didn't find out anything useful. Sorry." "It's okay" Tanjiro smiled and patted her head. "You did your best."

The girl smiled at the small praise and the two continued to talk while they walked, Tsubasa mostly answering questions that Tanjiro hadn't even voiced yet. But half way through the journey back, a crow flew over them in circles squwaking loudly as it did just the day before. "Asakusa Tokyo! Asakusa Tokyo! Your next mission is in Asakusa Tokyo!"

"What!? Wait a minute!" Tanjiro exclaimed, "We just got back! Not to mention we're tired and....." "Yay! New mission, let's go!" Tsubasa instead went running after the crow and to their next destination. Tanjiro, powerless against her enthusiasm, went ahead and caught up to her. So off they were to their next official mission. 

***************************************

The very second they stepped foot in the bustling town, Tanjiro gaped at it in awe. It was big and busy unlike any other town he'd been in. "Wow! It's so big. Even at night it's still so bright!" he exclaimed. Then a thought crossed his mind. Tsubasa would've narrated that in a heartbeat. Why didn't she?

It was then that he looked behind him to see a swaying Tsubasa, clutching her head and wincing, queitly whimpering to herself. Tanjiro rushed to her side. "Tsubasa? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" he asked, worried. She slowly looked up at him, pain shining in her magenta orbs. "It's crowded here. Too many people. Too many thoughts. It's making me dizzy."

"Why don't we go somewhere where its less crowded?" the boy suggested and she nodded. She left out the detail that even if she was hidden, as long as people were within a 3 mile radius of her, she could still hear and feel everything as clear as day. That would just worry him and Tsubasa didn't want that.

They made their way to and Udon stand in the less busier parts of the city and Tsubasa seemed to have calmed down. Tanjiro ordered two bowls of the steaming hot meal and handed one to the girl while Nezuko sat next to him, sleeping soundly. But the two hand't even taken two bites of their food before they both jerked up. 

Tanjiro's usually kind demeanor was replaced by a blazing red aura. Tsubasa shivered at the sight of him. "T-Tanjiro? What's wrong?" she asked, growing scared. "You feel like an angry wolf that got its prey taken from it. You're angry. W-why?" The amount of rage that emitted from Tanjiro's person was enough to make Tsubasa sick. 

But then she felt it. The demonic presence of the one demon they'd been searching for this whole time. Muzan Kibutsuji. He was here, "Sabito," Tsubasa whispered but the boy didn't hear. He was killed by one of his minions. He has to pay. she thought and as if on cue, the two dashed away leaving a snoozing Nezuko and and angry cart owner.

Within seconds they were back at the heart of the town. Tsubasa soon started to feel dizzy again but ignored it. She had to make him pay. It took even less time for Tanjiro to pinpoint his exact location. Once he was found, the girl's head was flooded with countless sinister thoughts that brought tears to her eyes almost immediately.

"Daddy?" they heard a tiny voice squeak and there they saw the demon himself holding a young little girl in his arm. The new wave of rage coming from Tanjiro after seeing the sight overpowered the thoughts already swimming in Tsubasa's mind. Soon it became a battle, Muzan Kibutsuji's thoughts and Tanjiro's feelings.

It took everything the girl had not to pass out from the overwhelming rush of the two.  But before Tanjiro could attack, the man swiftly injured a near passerby and turned him into a demon. The boy rushed into action before he could eat his partner, leaving the demon lord to flee. 

Tsubasa rushed to his aid and helped him pin down the newly transformed demon. That was before some police officers interrupted and yanked her off, leaving Tanjiro to deal with it alone. Just when it seemed the boy would lose, there was a weird flower pattern that made its way into the air all around them.

Through it all they saw a woman, with her hand bleeding and a younger boy next to her, both with stoic expressions. It didn't take long for Tanjiro to figure out that they were demons, but it did for him to realize that they had a different scent, it took him even longer to wonder why they weren't attacking. Tsubasa knew though.

********************************

After the whole situation died down, the duo made their way back to where they left the sleeping demon child. Once there, they had to face the wrath of the angry cart owner. They dealt with it easily of coarse by each ordering two bowls for themselves and gulping them down within minutes, satisfying the man.

"Sorry for leaving you Nezuko," Tanjiro apologized to his sister, who leaned on him and accepted it. "You're back!" Tsubasa declared, "You were so scary before, your anger was making me sick!" she cried. "Sorry about that Tsubasa," he apologized to his new friend. She smiled at him, "It's fine. Just maybe the next time you get angry like that move 4 miles away from me." she joked.

Before the boy could answer, she stood up, concentrating  a little more. "So are you gonna talk or just watch us the entire time?" she called to a tree. Just then, the boy they saw from before stepped out from behind it. He glared at them, "I wouldn't even be here. But she's asked me to summon you. So let's go. 

Though hesitant as first, Tsubasa read his intentions loud and clear and convinced, "Come on Tanjiro, Nezuko, let's go." And so the trio followed the mysterious demon boy up to a wall in a secluded are where they stopped.

 "You feel like an agitated chihuahua."

The girl randomly announced and pointed at the boy obnoxiously. 

"Tsubasa! You're being rude," Tanjiro scolded. "But he doesn't even want us here. He's thinking really mean things and he called Nezu ugly!" she whined. The demon seemed stunned by her remark but quickly recovered after Tanjiro lost it and started yelling about how beautiful his sister actually is and that it's the lighting or the bamboo in her mouth or something.

They went through the wall and it turns out that it was actually a house under a concealment spell. Once in, they were greeted by the demon lady they saw before, with her expression still stoic and her eyes still lifeless. 

"I've brought them, Lady Tamayo."

****************************************

Yeah so I guess it's another cliffhanger but I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Be sure to vote and comment if you do. Thanks for reading and cya in the next chapter!<3

~✨Blu<3✨~