~Thirty-Six~

"Nii-Nii, imagine if I could save people,"  a twelve-year-old Tsubasa said as she and the Water Pillar shared a cup of tea while gazing at the night sky. 

"You save people every day, you're a Demon Slayer," Giyuu replied and gave her a skeptical look. "Just what are you thinking about this time, Tsu-chan?"

The girl returned his look with a small smile. "Remember the day you came back from a mission? You weren't severely injured but you hurt your hand pretty bad. What happened then?"

Giyuu didn't even have to think hard. He remembered everything when it came to the purplette. "You claimed you felt my pain, but refused to move farther away from me," he said. "Instead you looked at my hand really hard like you wanted to fight it."

"Then what?"

"Somehow, it stopped bleeding and healed instantly. It disappeared without even so much as a scar as a trace. Next thing we knew, you were the one with a bleeding hand." Just with that explanation, the Water Pillar knew what Tsubasa was pondering. "You don't think you..."

"Imagine if I could do that on command," she cut him off. "That happened by accident, probably because I care about you so much. But what if I could do the same thing to just anyone I please?"

"You could die if you just went around doing that to everyone who's hurt," he said with a serious look. "This is about your new Breathing Technique, isn't it?"

"I have eleven forms," she said, proudly. "But eleven is such an odd number, don't you think? 

"You want your twelfth form to be able to kill you?"

"Not kill me, per say. But, it could be useful. Instead of just feeling someone's pain together with them, I could take it away. Think about it.... It could reflect on me and leave them completely fine!"

*-*-*-*-*-*

"With a wound like that, Kyojuro, you could die!" 

Akaza had plunged his arm right through the Flame Pillar's abdomen. He was already bleedind severely, but would not give in. 

"Come on, last offer. Become a demon and we can be together forever, fighting until near death every single day!"

"I'd rather die knowing I've done my duty than become a demon and hurt those I strive to protect," Rengoku grunted and tried to move his blade in inch closer to beheading him completely.

"Kyo..." Tsubasa stared at the whole scene, wondering how to react. She could well lose her close friend. Her partner. If I call the Kakushi now... maybe they'll be able to bandage him up immediately after he finishes this. She thought and nodded to herself, sending Taiyaki off immediately. Still, she couldn't just stand there and hope he would succeed.

Taking her blade out, she dashed towards them. Happy Dance is my most powerful form.... But I'm not happy in the least! Maybe, Akaza? What is he feeling.... Malice. That's all there is... What to do? What to do? If I don't do something quick, Kyo will.... "Emotion Breathing, Tenth Form:"

A dark grey mist followed her like a ribbon with its dancer and soon tied itself around Akaza's neck it a bow, tightening as she drew closer. 

⁘•⁎Reign of Terror!!⁎•⁘

Her blade collided with the demon's neck on the opposite side of Rengoku's. Hopefully, they'd meet halfway and behead him completely. The Flame Pillar looked at her with wide eyes, "Tsu-chan, why...."