~Fifteen~

It was nightfall by the time they reached the top of the mountain. Ahead of them lied green brush and sinister presences. 

Zenitsu gazed at it, trembling with fear as usual and instinctively latching onto Tsubasa. 

"Don't tell me we have to go in there!!" he cried.

Tsubasa smiled, not looking phased in the slightest. "We have to. We are Demon Slayers after all." 

"B-but but!!" Zenitsu continued to whimper.

"I'm going in." Tanjiro announced. 

"I'll get there before you!!" Inosuke countered. 

"Zenitsu, I have to go." Tsubasa said as she released herself from his grip.

And with that, Tanjiro, Tsubasa and Inosuke made their way down the path into the depths of Mount Natagumo, leaving Zenitsu frozen in a fetal position crying to himself. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

As the three walked, they ran into someone. It was a man who looked a little older than them. He was wearing a Corps uniform, identifying him as a Slayer.

He ran to them in a state of panic. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" he asked in a tone of urgency.

"We are fellow Demon Slayers." Tanjiro started. "We're of the Mizunoto Rank." 

"Mizunoto!?" he only seemed to panic more. "We don't need any more Mizunoto, they should've sent a Hashira! We're all doomed...." 

He trailed of as his eyes landed on Tsubasa. 

Suddenly there was a glimmer of hope on his face as he stood up straight and was just about to start bowing several times to the girl when Tsubasa brought her finger to her lips signaling him to hush with a bright smile and a wink. 

He understood the message and paused.

"You shouldn't underestimate us." Tsubasa started, "We Mizunoto have potential as well y'know." 

"O-of coarse. Forgive me for my disrespect." he bowed. "I am Murata. A Kanoe ranked Slayer of the Demon Slayer Corps." 

"Murata, I am Tanjiro Kamado." Tanjiro bowed back. "With me are Inosuke Hashibira."

Inosuke brought his hands to his hips proudly and steam came out of his mask.

"And Tsubasa Tsukishiro."

Tsubasa bowed in suit. 

"Now what happened?" she beamed. 

As Murata explained the situation, they went deeper into the brush when suddenly Tsubasa stopped.  They all looked back at her. 

"Miss Tsuki...... Tsubasa," Murata corrected himself, "What's wrong?" 

Tsubasa scrunched up her nose as she tried to look for words. 

"There's multiple demons on this mountain," she said in a tone that was too casual for comfort. 

"Multiple you say?" Tanjiro asked, he sniffed the air but all he got was a pungent smell in return. "Ugh, what is that smell?" 

Before anyone else could say anything, suddenly they saw people in front of them. They were dressed in Corps uniforms but something seemed off. 

Just then, one of them drew their sword and tried to slash Murata. He dodged and jumped back readying his sword.

"They're attacking again!" he yelled to them.

"What's going on? Aren't they Demon Slayers as well?" Tanjiro asked, blocking an attack with his sword. "We're not allowed to attack each other!"