~Chapter-8~

Kartik's POV:

After greeting everyone I sat on the couch. I was getting emotional seeing her. She looks a little chubbier than before but still beautiful. Who is this child? Bhai told us about Di's nanad and her child. So it's Naira's child. She is so cute, like my Naira. Did Naira move on? If she did, then I'll try to move on. I love her. If she's happy with someone else then I'm happy in her happiness.

"How is the business doing, Kartik?" Naitik Uncle asked.

"It is doing good uncle, it has improved in the past couple of years that it's one of the 10 best companies in India," I answered politely. He nodded and picked up chicken nuggets.

"How was your trip Di? Did you enjoy it? Was the workload heavy? " I asked.

She stopped chewing. "The trip was fun, I did enjoy it and the workload was medium. It was fun designing the client's clothes, plus I got to travel to different restaurants, and try new cuisines." Di answered enthusiastically.

"That's nice," I added.  I was about to say something when I heard a familiar feminine voice.

"Kartik! Oh my god, I'm so happy to see you." I hear someone say. I turn around to find Vedika standing there shocked. She comes towards me, taking me into a friendly hug. I reciprocate the hug, finding solace. We break our hug to see everyone shocked except Hayati.

"Tum jante ho ek dusre ko?" Ma asked.

"Haan aunty, mein, Naira, aur Kartik bohat ache dost hai." She answered and then stuck her tongue, biting it.

I internally facepalmed. God this girl and her habit of blurting out everything.

"The, ab nahi," Naira added glaring at me.

"Yeh toh bohat achi baat hai, par Naira tumne yeh kyun kaha tha ki tum dono ab nahi dost ho?" Akshara Aunty asked. She must have gotten suspicious.

"Woh Mumma, we lost contact for almost two years na. Isiliye" She answered nervously.

Everyone was chit-chatting. Naira wasn't even looking at me.

What right did I have now?

It was getting hard for me to handle the hatred in her eyes that she has for me. I excused myself and went to the washroom. I have been here multiple times so I know where the bathroom is. I entered the bathroom, locked the door, and started sobbing. It pinched my heart to think that Naira isn't mine anymore. I composed myself and opened the tap and splashed water on my face, dried my face. As I came out of the washroom, I saw Vedika standing there. Her hands were crossed around her chest.

"Kartik, tum theek ho na?" She asked seeing my face.

"Main theek hun, Vedika." I answered.

"Vedika, woh bachi hai kon?" I asked her. Wanting to know. Whom Naira moved on with.

"Woh tumhare beti hai Kartik." She said.

As these words came out of her mouth, I couldn't think of anything. I know we had consummated our relationship, but I never thought we'd have a child before marriage. Multiple emotions were hovering around my mind. I'm happy that I became a father. Should I be angry at Naira for hiding our symbol of love?

No, I was the one who broke our relationship.

I'm sad that I wasn't there for Naira during her pregnancy phase. How did she manage to do a job and take care of our child as a single parent?

"You didn't answer my question properly Kartik? Are you fine? Have you been cured?" Vedika asked sternly.

I know she is worried about me, plus we lost contact because my mobile accidentally broke.  Before I could answer her.