~Chapter-19~

Author's POV:

Kartik, Kabir, and Shubham performed on 'Kala Chasma' by Amar Arshi and Badshah. Khushi didn't perform because she was pregnant. After the boys' performance, Naira, Gayatri, Chhavi, and Disha performed on 'Nachde Ne Saare' by Jasleen Royal. Naira also gave a solo performance on 'Dilbaro' from Raazi leaving everyone in tears. Naitik went to the stage giving Naira a heartwarming hug and consoling her as she started sobbing, trying to control her emotions. Akshara and Naitik performed on 'Sauda Khara Khara.' Viraj and Ruhi also gave a surprise performance on 'Odhani' from Made in China. Manish and Swarna performed on 'Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte' by Sonu Nigam. Everyone enjoyed and blessed the couple and went back to their respective houses.

The Next Day

It's Kartik and Naira's Mehndi ceremony. Everyone is at Singhania Sadan. The ladies got the mehndi ready to be applied to Naira and themselves. A mehndi designer was called. She arrived and put mehndi on Naira's hand and feet. She started applying Mehndi to the rest of the ladies. She left after her work was done. The photographers were recording and capturing the beautiful memories of the ceremony. As the ladies weren't able to eat because they had mehndi on their hands their respective partners fed them. Kabir didn't feed Mansi, as their relationship would have been known by everyone. Shubham was extra careful with Khushi and even scolded her for her clumsiness of skipping meals and snacks. Everyone enjoyed dancing and celebrating.

A day later

Today was Kaira's Haldi and wedding ceremony. At Goenka Villa, Kartik sat on a low stool and everyone from the groom's side put a small amount of paste with haldi, rose water, and sandalwood powder on him with a mango leaf. When it was Kabir's turn with a mischievous glint he smeared the paste all over his face and body and ran, saving his life from the wrath of Katrik. He ran behind Mansi, dodging Kartik.

"Please mujhe apne bhai se bachao," He whispered.

"Naah," She replied and moved away, giving Kartik a chance to smear a handful of haldi on Kabir.

"You betrayer." Kabir shouted and ran behind mansi with some Haldi in his hands. While Kartik sat back.

"Yeh bhi na." Surekha shook her head and applied haldi on Kartik.

***
"Galti hogaye. Maaf kardo na. Mujse aur nahi bhaga jaata." Mansi stopped running and turned around to Kabir, huffing.

"Waha toh bhara kai rahe the 'naah'" He mimicked her closing the space between them.

He collected her in his arms and brushed his cheeks with hers.

"Happy haldi precious." He said with a warm smile and pecked her forehead. She looked at him with a mix of red and yellow cheeks. And hugged him.

***
Kartik's cousins smeared more haldi on him and there water at him.
After a lot of mischiefs, Kartik removed his Haldi.

Singhiania Sadan

Goenkas' came and gave the haldi to the Singhianias' and started applying it on Naira making her sit on a low stool in the lawn area.

It's Naksh's turn and his eyes glistened seeing his sister getting married. He plastered a fake smile and smeared the paste on Naira's arms and feet and a little bit on her chin, poking her chin to tease her.

After this, they had some snacks together and left towards Goenka villa, so they could bring the baraat.

Naira was ready in the dulhan's joda waiting for Kartik and his family to come. The baraat arrived and Akshara welcomed Kartik, and she did his aarti and Goenks' entered. Kartik sat on the pavilion, and Pandit ji arrived. The Ganesh pooja was done, seeking blessings from Lord Ganesh. It was time for the var puja. Natik washed Katrik's feet with milk and wiped them off with a cloth. This is done to show respect for the to-be married couple. After that Naira was called for.

Naira was brought down by Natik and Akshara and she stood next to Kartik.

"I love you!" He whispered.

She replied saying, "love you too !! ."

It was time to exchange garlands. Naira put the garland on him, as Pandit ji instructed her. He also put a garland on her. They sit on the pavilion as they are instructed. Their gathbandhan is done by Swarna and Manish and Kanyadan by Akshara and Naitik. It was emotional for Naira, she didn't realize it when a tear slipped from her eyes.

They are asked to stand up for the pheras. They did 7 pheras around the sacred fire, while Pandit ji chanted Mantras and the family members showered flowers as their blessing for the new couple. The first four pheras were led by Kartik and the rest three were led by Naira. We are asked to sit on the pavilion and Pandit Ji explains the meaning of the seven vows.

In the first vow, the groom promises to provide nourishment and happiness to his family, In response the bride promises to take care of household work, sharing the groom's responsibility.

In the second vow, both the bride and groom ask for physical and mental strength to face difficulties.

In the third vow, the groom promises the bride to grow wealthy and prosperous to educate their children and give them a healthy life. In response, the bride promises the groom that she'll love him truly.

In the fourth vow, the bride and groom promise to grow their family together, strengthening their bond.

In the fifth vow, the groom promises to be his wife's best friend and companion. In response, she promises to love and cherish him and their bond.

In the sixth vow, the groom promises to be faithful to her, and in response, she also promises to be loyal.

In the seventh vow, the bride and groom were announced as husband and wife. That they are one now.

Pandit ji forwards a mangalsutra and told him to tie it. He ties it. He is asked to fill her maang with sindoor using a coin. He fills her mang, and they are announced as husband and wife. They get up and take blessings from everyone.

 They get up and take blessings from everyone

(Kaira's wedding outfits)

Heya people!

I hope you like the chapter.

I have never attended a proper wedding, so forgive me if I made any mistakes writing this chapter.

Also, how was Mansi and Kabir's scene. I blushed writing it. ☺️

I want to tell that this book will be completed in probably 6 to 7 chapters.

Don't forget to like, comment and share.

Stay safe and take care!

See y'all.