•Shopping Day•

Tw: Nightmares, flashbacks, and MENTIONS of kidnapping and pedophiles

------------------------------------------------------------------.
.
.
~~~~
I woke up in my bed, feeling disoriented and confused. I looked around, realizing that I was in yet another unfamiliar house, and the thought of all the previous foster homes I'd been placed in made me feel sick to my stomach. Memories of the ones where I'd been abused still haunted me, making it almost impossible to forget the pain and the scars that were left behind.

"Wasn't I in the car a few seconds ago? Why am I back here?" I ask myself as I try to remember how I got here but my mind remained blank.

Suddenly, I feel like I lost control of my body, I couldn't do anything. I saw myself. It felt weird, I tried to scream but nothing came out. Not a single sound.

The only thing I could do was to watch quietly. I watch myself drifting into a deep sleep, only to be awakened by my worst fear. I found myself back in my old foster home, one of the many homes where I'd been physically and emotionally abused by my previous foster parents. I tried to break free, but their grip on me grew stronger, and the blows of their fists grew more violent, slamming me against the walls and leaving bruises all over my body.

I wanted to interfere as the scene was playing in front of me but it was like my feet were glued to the floor.

All I could hear were my screams rippling through the air and the sound of the countless hits of fists punching against my body. The pain was unbearable, and I felt like I was trapped in a never-ending cycle of abuse that I'd never be able to escape.

I tried to put my hands over my ears but they were also stuck, they refused to move and I feel the blood in my limp body run cold.

-Do they even know I'm here? I thought to myself.

As my memory progressed, my vision became blurry, and everything around me was smeared in dark colors. The room I was in became distorted, and my foster parents' unbearable cackles echoed through my head. I couldn't shake the feeling of being trapped and helpless, and the memory became so vivid it felt like I was living it all over again.

I tossed and turned, feeling trapped in a dark abyss.

I watched as my old self tried to fight back, but their grip on me was too strong, and my fists too weak. The younger version of me cried out in pain as the punches continued, one after the other. The room around me trembled and shook, and the walls began to crack and crumble, sending dust and debris raining down on me.

I watched in horror as the floor beneath me gave away, and I tumbled downward into a dark, endless abyss. I landed with a thud, and the pain of my fall mingled with the pain of my memories. I lay there, alone and afraid, as my foster parents' laughter echoed in my ears.

Taunting me.

~~~~

I was woken up by somebody shaking my shoulder lightly. I flew up and out of my seat and hit my head on the ceiling of the car. I groaned in pain, I was still a bit shaky from the nightmare so I sat back down in the car seat to try and calm down a bit. After a while of trying to collect myself, I took a deep breath and looked to my side to see who woke me up.

Standing there was an apologizing-looking Lucas. I frowned when I saw the expression on his face. I could see a glint of pity in his eyes which filled my heart with hatred. I did not want people to feel bad for me. But before he even got a chance to say something, a worried Michael came running towards us at full speed.