part two as kids/ growing up n stuff/ lotta time skips

"momma i made a friend today!!" azzy happily exclaimed to her mom.

"azalea, you can't do this. it's not good to make up this kind of stuff." her mom shook her head behind the wheel.

"but i promise i did i really did!! his name is alex and he's super duper cool!" azalea pleaded with a focused expression

"azzyy come on. just hush okay?" she said.

"can i hang out with him today?" azalea asked with hope.

"whatever. call me when you're there." azalea's mother said with an unsure expression. azzy always tried her hardest to get close with her mom, but her mother just never really tried. always yelled at her, made fun of her. azzy was just a kid.

the rest of the car ride was filled with silence while she played with her fingers.

~alex~ 

"okay mama, she wants to come over today. she'll be here soon, is that okay?" alex asked his mom.

"alright. alexis just make sure her mother is okay with it." she smiled at him

he ran upstairs to his room, which was filled with boxes, still being unpacked. alex quickly stacked them on top of eachother, cleaning up his room. perfect, he thought. just as he walked to his door, the doorbell rang. "that must be her, alexis. make sure you look nice, okay?" his mom's heels clicked while walking to the door.

"i look nice mama!" 

"alright come greet her with me." he ran downstairs as quick as possible to open the door to the same girl he had seen 30 minutes ago. 

"hi alex!" azzy smiled at him with a wave. 

"hi! meet my mama!" he exclaimed happily.

"hello sweetheart! you must be azzy, im alexis' mother, just call me mrs m." alex's mom awed at the girl.

"that's me!" azzy smiled a toothy grin, while mrs m walked away with a wave and a smile.

~later~

(btw this is completely platonic, i js remember holding my friends hands when i was little)

the stars shone brightly while the two sat in the dark on the grass. "i'm scared for my mom to meet you." she held his hand and looked over at him

"why?" he looked concerned. "alex... she's kind of mean. she doesn't think i make friends. my mom doesn't believe you."

"what do you mean she doesn't believe me?" alex turned to her, with a saddened expression

"she doesn't think you're real." az gripped tightly onto his hand, laying back on the grass, bringing him too.

"oh." uncomfortable silence filled the air. "i mean i think i'm real. that's what matters." he giggled a little, bringing her back up from her sad state laying down. 

his smile only made her smile too. a second after, her face dropped. "oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH!" she yelled

"what?? what is it?!!" 

"oh my gosh alex i was supposed to call my mom. she'll kill me oh my gosh!!!!" azzy smacked her forehead quickly getting up. 

"that's okay! she'll understand!" he tried to reassure her

"no alex she wont! oh my gosh i've got to go home right now. thanks for having me BYE" before alex could add in another word she got up and left.

~~

"mom im home im so sorry i forgot to call you!" azzy ran in heaving for air.

"azalea. i told you to call me. i was worried about you." her mother emerged from the living room couch.